xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Paradox

Best Rpg Making Software What do you use?

I'm on a mission to discover the best software for making my own PRG games. Over the years, I've used various different systems to make them, including good old Basic, for those text based games.With the advent of software such as Game Maker, and RPG Maker, it has become much easier to create games at home. My question is, what program do you use, and why is it better than others you have tried?Also... Has anyone used RPG Maker XP yet?

Same here, I've been looking for a game software for quite a while and the best one which I found just a few weeks ago IS Rpg Maker XP. So far I'm in the middle of making my game, and I think I should have it up on one of those sites that hold rpg maker games by members, so mine might be up there IF I finish it. Rpg Maker XP is better than any others because of it's simple system and it took me only about 20 minutes to get completely used to it. Not just Rpg Maker XP but all the other rpg makers before it.

I got RPG Maker XP, and I must say it's fairly good. If you want a copy of it, try googling it.The map graphics are great, and the addition of a third layer really makes things easy.The hard part is understanding the comments in the coding... The version I got is still in japanese for that bit.Speaking of which, does anyone know how to re-code the battle system so it's side on, instead of front on?

RPG Maker Xp is ok, but not that great. For one they took out the world map but they added a scriptable part. In my opinion XP sould be burried and 2k and 2k3 should take it's spot.

I'm on a mission to discover the best software for making my own PRG games. Over the years, I've used various different systems to make them, including good old Basic, for those text based games.
With the advent of software such as Game Maker, and RPG Maker, it has become much easier to create games at home. My question is, what program do you use, and why is it better than others you have tried?

Also... Has anyone used RPG Maker XP yet?

I have used both RPG Maker XP and RPG Maker VX and are both equally useful at making RPG style games. They both lack a fighting style like the Final Fantasy games but still show a visual battle system. They differ from time to time. Such as VX has less Tiles than XP but can be used all the time while XP can only use one set Via "Forest Tileset" can be the only one used per map. Each have there own special things to them but VX is considered the most newer and more improved version. Hope it helps.