xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nickmealey

I Want To Learn How To Action Script To Make Games In Flash - I need somthing to help me learn

does anyone know a good place to learn action scripting with Flash? or could somone give me a basic tutorial? I want to make games and do things like that. thanks , Nickmealey

i was in the same boat, and love flashkit.com but............get a book. I did and also.........read it first before you start programming...........i made that mistake and you wouldn't believe how many times i had recode stuff because of new stuff i was learning. I got two books, one on just actionscripting and one on games. working out tons better.
I wish they had site like php.net for actionscripting so you could get peoples examples and thoughts on variables ect after the definition.
round

Basic Zombie Tutorial SeriesI Want To Learn How To Action Script To Make Games In Flash

I?ve made some YouTube vids to start as3 off by making a zombie killing game. Here are the links:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (Sorry the quality for this one is kinda messed but if you have ANY questions just let me know. I?ll repost a better quality one if you need)

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (Part 2 and the quality is good)

-reply by Mokey

Java/actionscriptI Want To Learn How To Action Script To Make Games In Flash

hey, may I ask you something? I read what you said on action scripting and I was wondering what books you bought. 

-reply by Vladimir

I have easy Actionscript tutorialsI Want To Learn How To Action Script To Make Games In FlashReplying to (G)Vladimir

I have just created several tutorials that teach Actionscript in a very easy way. I just don't have a place to post them. I have used 3d Flash Animator to test the examples in the tutorials. I wrote them using Microsoft Works.

-reply by Ramon

well im wanting to create a game for facebook i have a idea for the game i just cant get the script right well to give you an idea on what im trying to work on would have to be nitrous raceing and mafia wars and yoville put together but not like them im wanting to make a game where you can create a character by putting a picture of you and then it transmits it into a cartoon 3d version of you where you can walk around and meet new people in the game in diferent worlds you can buy and upgrade cars and the parts show up on the car and it shows you what that car or what ever you are driving with that part on it im also wanting it where the people that are on the game can create their own track to race on so pretty much the game will be all 3d so the more jobs you do the more money you get either it be a raceing job or a fighting or robing job im also wanting to make it where when you race people for pink slips you get a car or truck or what ever or you could choose to take one of that persons car but you can only take cars at your level or lower so the only way you can get a high leveled car is by being at that level. if anyone can build this game for me i will be pleased also i would like gifts, crew, etc on the game to you will find alot of the cars i would like on the game on my myspace just by going to my photos you can look at these by going to https://myspace.com/browser

well im wanting to create a game for facebook i have a idea for the game i just cant get the script right well to give you an idea on what im trying to work on would have to be nitrous raceing and mafia wars and yoville put together but not like them im wanting to make a game where you can create a character by putting a picture of you and then it transmits it into a cartoon 3d version of you where you can walk around and meet new people in the game in diferent worlds you can buy and upgrade cars and the parts show up on the car and it shows you what that car or what ever you are driving with that part on it im also wanting it where the people that are on the game can create their own track to race on so pretty much the game will be all 3d so the more jobs you do the more money you get either it be a raceing job or a fighting or robing job im also wanting to make it where when you race people for pink slips you get a car or truck or what ever or you could choose to take one of that persons car but you can only take cars at your level or lower so the only way you can get a high leveled car is by being at that level. if anyone can build this game for me i will be pleased also i would like gifts, crew, etc on the game to you will find alot of the cars i would like on the game on my myspace just by going to my photos you can look at these by going to https://myspace.com/browser

You obviously don't know how to do that kind of games.

You practically want to do a GTA with elements from other games, but that GTA would also be a kind of MMORPG, where you can race for cars and make images of users and a bunch of other things, and... It does not go that way.

You CAN'T expect that someone will make that game for you, since an entire little studio is needed for that kind of game. And also, if that studio were to make a game; do you really think they'd give it to you just like that, for free? Money pushes everything, and without it you can do only one thing:

LEARN ActionScript!

For one, if you want to build games you should learn ActionScript. There are sites like Kirupa (https://www.kirupa.com/), which can teach you some basics. You can also visit ActiveTuts (active.tutsplus.com) to learn some more advanced stuff, but a book on that matter would be preferred.

You should first buy Learning ActionScript 3.0: A Beginner's Guide, which will bring you the basics, and then continue on with something like ActionScript 3.0 Game Programming University.