xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FirefoxRocks

User Account Control

I really hate this UAC s*it...i deactivate it.Maybe is little unsecured.

It's not a little unsecured, it's very insecure if you run as administrator all the time. Turn on UAC especially if you are running as administrator.

I'm running my Server 2008 installation as a standard user and if I ever need administrator rights, I just tell UAC to ask me for the admin password whenever a system-wide change is required.

This way, it's more secured.

deltatux

yeah, you are right about that, but its too anoying, and because no one else is using my comuter..just me, i have turned off UAC.

your choice.

for me, I'm the only user on my machine. Even as a computer guy who is very knowledgeable on security stuff, i would still never run myself as admin.

xboxrulz

How do I stop the User Accounts Control Panel from opening?User Account Control

I've been using Vista for several months now and around a week ago something really annoying started happening. Every time I click the logo to open my start menu the User Accounts Control Panel window opens. I am clicking only once, but it acts as if I opened the menu and then clicked again on my avatar. Did I inadvertantly activiate something or is there some bug in an update?

-question by Dave

How do I stop the User Accounts Control Panel from opening?

User Account Control

I've been using Vista for several months now and around a week ago something really annoying started happening. Every time I click the logo to open my start menu the User Accounts Control Panel window opens. I am clicking only once, but it acts as if I opened the menu and then clicked again on my avatar. Did I inadvertantly activiate something or is there some bug in an update?

-question by Dave

This thread is for discussing how to trigger UAC prompts, not for discussing how to disable/reduce/prevent UAC prompts.

Problems with user accounts on windows XPUser Account ControlI recently rebuilt my pc and it worked perfectly until I updated the windows Xp files and microsoft explorer. During the process the system asked me to to enter a new user account with pasword and name. I left both blank and continued with the process. I rebooted and ended up with a new background and half my icons missing. I couldnt figure what went wrong and throught I had a virus. I have norton 360 so should not be the case.I closed down the system and rebooted and then a new opening page appeared with two users - my own original with all icons and background and a new one called administrator. I have tried everything to get rid of the new administrator but I don't seem to have any control over it. I went into user controls and unticked the opening screen element and saved and rebooted and it opened on the new administrator page with a different background and half icons missing again . Tried to figure a way out of this and eventually realised if I logged out I could switch back to my original screen.I have tried to change the user control to go back to opening screen with the two user choice but it won't let me, so end result I switch on machine, get to the new administration screen with half icons missing and then have to log off to get to my original screen - help there must be a solution to this what am I missing?-question by Bert

As you're the only user of your computer and you use it at home, you can disable the UAC.

start->input "msconfig"->Go to Tools tab->Select "Disable UAC"->Click Launch

You need to restart your pc to take effect 

-reply by ningchen

Control Panel/User AccountsUser Account ControlMy UAC kept popping up all the time and sometimes it asked for a password (never even put in a password!) and sometimes it says that I am not signed on as an administrator and it won't let me online (unless I restart the computer). I went to Control Panel and and thought I had corrected the problem by giving anyone free access. Now, the UAC pops up even more, and several of my Icons in control panel won't open: Personalization, System, and User Accounts!! among them. I am fed up and just want UAC to go away and die a slow agonizing death. Oh yeah, Media player won't lauch either. Please help.-question by cocoabeachbaby