xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
surfinhu

Firefox 3

I heard about firefox 3..
anybody is using it!
a friend of mine told me it is not so secure..
is it true?

and it has a lot of bugs.. =/

i'm using firefox 2.0.0.15 and never gave me problems..
i think i will keep it for now.

I have firefox 3 and have also herd that it has bugs and isn't so secure but I find that there is no difference that you can tell while generaly using it

I've been on FF3 since it came out (i think) and ive been using it ever since.

Its pretty good and arent exactly any bugs.. only problem is that most themes / extentions i use dont work with it.

I do use an addon called Nightly Tester Tools and its a beauty because it makes incompatible addons compatable!

My first main concern with FF3 was that most of my addons were entirely incompatible with it. As time's gone on, however, I've noticed that more and more of them have been updated to FF3, which is surprising considering how little-known many of them are. I've never even considered making a FF3 addon myself, but the speed with which they're updated most likely points towards relatively little change in that aspect of the browser.I've had a glance at Nightly Tester Tools, but personally I'm not one for installing something else to get the mere handful (2, I think) of addons that aren't working to work, so I'll pass on it for now. :mellow:

That, or they have been working on a Firefox 3 update for a while? Remember the browser has been in development for quite awhile before it hit Golden Master Release so it make sense that it looks like a short turnaround time between the browser release date and the update date. Most of the browser improvements came in the form of the rendering engine and the graphics subsystem they used.That and the obvious cosmetic change.xboxrulz