xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ltc29

Get Paid To Search Yahoo! New way for you to make money online

Hi buddies,

Is this a good news for you? I've got paid for the first month from this site.

Here is how you can earn:

After you sign up, they ask you to set their page as homepage and install a search box.Everyday, when you search once, you will earn up to 3p. How much you can earn depends on where you live. I earned 1.5p per search. So, if you search 40 times per day, how much you will earn a month? It's very easy, right?

In addition, when you refer friends, you will earn more. They offer 4 referral levels: 50%, 10%, 5% and 2.5%.

If you are interested, sign up and start searching. But remember: Just search as usual, don't just search in order to generate big revenue. It will end up cheating yourself.

If you want to thank me, just sign up under me. Here is the link: Sign up here.

Otherwise, sign up here.

Don't ask me for payment proof. I've never worked for scam sites.

Happy searching!

The site doesn't look very professional, I don't really trust this. If you do decide to try out something like this, use a junk email address (but has to be real) and ALWAYS make sure where you are sending your personal information (check privacy policies, etc). Be careful when installing browser add-ons or software, they may contain spyware or viruses.

You know, I could swear that I've seen a site nigh on identical to this one previously, even the wording of the paragraphs is the same, except for the styling of the page but it used Google instead of Yahoo! (or at least used something other than Yahoo).

That doesn't strike a particularly favourable chord with me, but ah well. Either way, I'm not going to bother signing up myself. :)

Sounds suspicious to me. We all know that adding third party browser search bars never lead to spyware infested machines.

Hi. If you don't want to install the search box, just set their page as homepage. Then, you will be free to search and earn without concerning the security risk.

i dont belive this kind of Business,

lot of companys dont Send money and you got OWNED :)

If you criticized just by looking around their home page, there was only a small FAQ section which will never weight enough for your decision. However, if you sign up, you'll know much more about them. I thought like you before but now, my opinion has changed a lot.

The site doesn't look very professional, I don't really trust this. If you do decide to try out something like this, use a junk email address (but has to be real) and ALWAYS make sure where you are sending your personal information (check privacy policies, etc). Be careful when installing browser add-ons or software, they may contain spyware or viruses.

Thanks for the caution! This is a guideline for making money online.

To protect your computer, please spend for good anti-virus application. If you can't afford, I advise you to use AVG 8 free.

You know, I could swear that I've seen a site nigh on identical to this one previously, even the wording of the paragraphs is the same, except for the styling of the page but it used Google instead of Yahoo! (or at least used something other than Yahoo).

You're right. They have two website: whitedotbox and the site I wrote about. Whitedotbox is for charity. The rest, where we can earn money with, is for Yahoo search revenue sharing.

That doesn't strike a particularly favourable chord with me, but ah well. Either way, I'm not going to bother signing up myself. :P

Yes. You had made right decision. Accepting calculated risk is one key for success. Good luck.
Edited by ltc (see edit history)

Anything or anyone that will pay you to do the online things that normally people only do for recreation... not a good idea... if you ask me.I think it is a way for people to realize that they do stuff like surf the net and Yahoo, and are like... hmmmm to give up my really important information to something I have no clue about, or don't even start researching about... I guess I will be asking for trouble!People need to really think about what goes on on the net... and when something bad happens when they do not use caution, then it is too late and people are hacking their pcs or taking their personal info and doing really bad things with it all.I have also heard of the wannabe myspace where you are paid to get new friends and search other's pages... also, I wonder why... But again, it is just me, and I really hope you think twice and go, hmmm what good could come from this from the person paying, I mean planning to pay me to do odd stuff on the net...Sometimes you should just stick to webpages and forums, all!

I don't trust this either. I realy don't see any reason why they would pay you to use a search engine, where is the advantage for homepagefriends ? I don't think Yahoo is going to pay them parts of their advertisments income because they refer people to yahoo :) .I also don't thinks it's worth the hassle, just to earn a few dollars ... it's hardly enough to buy beer :P

I'm so disapointed with your responses. I knew that you both are not online money makers. Some love earning 2 cents for fun not for their life. Others love the myth of internet marketing and they spend all their time on it. Skedad, I've never wanted to do easy jobs! You just knew the surface. Anyway, thanks for your opinions.

Are you just disappointed because no one clicked the your referral link? Anyways, I never trust programs like that, I used to try survey programs (when I was younger and more nieve) and they never worked for me either. I'd say the best way to make money on the net right now would be setting up a very strong, and heavily trafficked site and using affiliate marketing with it.

I don't trust this either. I realy don't see any reason why they would pay you to use a search engine, where is the advantage for homepagefriends ? I don't think Yahoo is going to pay them parts of their advertisments income because they refer people to yahoo :) .I also don't thinks it's worth the hassle, just to earn a few dollars ... it's hardly enough to buy beer :P

Oh, I'm sure if it's fully legit (etc. etc.) then they can make money from advertising or placing certain links more favourably. This said, the amount that you could possibly earn ($50 in a year on average from someone who regularly uses search engines) isn't exactly enough to warrant me giving out my details and participating, yadda yadda yadda. Sure, it might be fine and I could earn those $50, but if I adopt that philosophy what's to stop me from signing up to some other similar service - one that might be a little less sincere - and getting ripped off?

I used a search engine that 'pays you off' if you use it, 5-6 months ago for a month or so and it was called Winzy and none of the searches ended up with an Amazon prize. I gave up and I don't believe in the PTS model anymore, though I believe that people that were paid off existed. :mellow:

Too bad that I don't know one personally :P

I won't sign up for this. For some reason it reminds me of domain lagoon where after a bit you had to divulge your credit card details and that sort of information. Also, it sent me more emails in 1 day than all of the emails i had ever recieved in my life. As well as this I think the point raised about doing recreational things for money is a very good one. Why would they do it, because they know that everyone would join and then they'd be paying out a lot of money wouldn't they. Doesn't sound very realistic, because I doubt that kind of site has an agreement with yahoo to make money, so how do they make money?

Read the TOS: Namely,

Homepages Friends reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to disallow any searches and/or terminate the account of any individual generating searches outside of the Terms and Conditions including (but not limited to) click fraud, automated search tools, searches made without regard to the results returned or artifically searching to generate revenue.

And

Where you are invited to submit any information to homepages-friends.com you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant Homepages Friends a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licenseable right and license to use the information, in accordance with privacy restrictions set out in the Homepages Friends Privacy Statement. If you do not want to grant Homepages Friends the rights set out above, please do not submit your information to homepages-friends.com.

In other words, if they do not like what you search for, you do not get paid, there is no acceptable search policy to know what is and is not an acceptable search, only the blanket coverage of if we don't like it, tough luck jacko. Also if you make a website via this service you give up all rights, the service can sell your work on to 3rd parties as they see fit and you have no control over your work as the copyright holder as you have granted all rights to the company to do what they want with it.

Think before you sign your life and your work over to people like this.
Edited by The_Fury (see edit history)

I think that ifThe site sees that youre making quite a bit of money then they may just decide to cancel your account for no reason just because they may not want to give you the money. In other words they work you to the bone and then you realize that everything youve done has just gone to waste. In other words dont be dissappointed just work properly for the money you need.