xisto Community
LikMeBalleFM

Need Some Help/advice On How To Restore Lost Files

My problem is this.I had a photo loader software installed on my computer. This prog indexed a couple of hondred photos I had.Yesterday I uninstalled the prog form my computer without considering the posibility that the folder containing my photos would be deleted to which it did. My question is this, what if I used system restore? would it restore my photos too? Or would it simply restore just the prog files only?

My problem is this.I had a photo loader software installed on my computer. This prog indexed a couple of hondred photos I had.
Yesterday I uninstalled the prog form my computer without considering the posibility that the folder containing my photos would be deleted to which it did. My question is this, what if I used system restore? would it restore my photos too? Or would it simply restore just the prog files only?

I doubt system restore will help, as it only restore exe and system related stuffs. You'll need file recovering software. Like GetDataBack or Ontrack Easy Recovery. I've been using both with success. You need to make sure that you don't write into the partition where you store your pictures, as in don't copy files into it or modify files on it. If it's your C drive, then try to use the OS as little as possible. If the original location of the picture files are overwritten, then you can't recover your picture anymore.

If you need the above software, PM me, I'll upload and pass you some link to download it. You need to let me know if you're using NTFS or FAT32 partition, and your OS too.

GetDataBack worked like a charm, thnx.Saved me from getting strangled by my girlfriend lol.

Haha, glad it helps. :)

Recovery of document files and pictures

My computer was functioning properly. This morning a Microsoft update note came on for updates. It was an XP 3 pack. I let it go ahead and install the update. It then needed to restart. When it went to restart, Windows would not start up. Took me to a screen that said, use original settings or normal settings to reboot. It would not reboot, kept coming back to that screen. I saw at the bottom of the screen, System Recovery. I hit that, it then did that and rebooted properly. When I went to my Start button...All my document files and pictures are gone. My question is are they really gone or are they hidden?

recover photos

Replying to iGuest

System restore will help you to restore just previous configuration...Including program files, software etc. If you're not able to restore images then you can recover it using Stellar phoenix photo recovery software. Download demo version from here:http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

-reply by greg