xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JohnNitro

Lesson Of The Day daily lessons of life, love and all that inbetween

I have been learning many things through out my life, whether I wanted to learn the lesson or not. Well today I'm want to tell you about what I learned about drinking. I'm sure at this point your think WFT is he talking about what can you learn from that. You see in my case I never drank so when I first did I didn't have anyone to tell me the do's and don't of drinking. So today I will share with you what I learned and I learned it the hard way. First of I'll tell you the story of how I arrived to this lesson.

I had just arrived at my first duty station and it was Japan. If anyones ever been here you would know there is no age limit to go to the club if you look old enough and can pay to get in your in. So I was 17 when I got to Japan and had never drank before. As I arrived to my ship and was introduced to the paint brush and needle guns, I met a lot of people that were going out and was invited. I had to wait till I finished my work and then they let my division go. So after work we all headed out to a club called "Club B" it was a cool place and it was a blast, this is where I had my first drink Amaretto sour.

As the night carried on and people drank and danced the night away, I was giving some red wine by so people that were having a party. Now by this time I was feeling the effect of drinking. I could barely walk and stand, but man was I having a blast. This is were things went wrong, as soon as I finished the wine they gave me more but time it was white wine. Now this is the lesson "Don't mix light with dark and white and red" Needless to say at this point in the night I had had way to much to drink and way to many different drinks. What started with Amaretto sour, jack and coke, sexy on the beach, gin, red and white wine, had now had me feeling really $%ed up aka messed up aka drunk. When at this point I was just talking to any chick and whatever they could tell I was drink and making a fool out of myself.

As the night came to a close I was feeling really sick. We were out side for maybe about 3 minute when i couldn't hold down my liquor anymore. i ran behind a building and puked like I have never puked before. Just to give you visual if you have ever seen "Exorcist" the scene where the the chick pukes, that kind of what it was like. And like most people that have add night like this I told myself "I'm never going to drink again". How many people have told themselves that lie, lol. I know I have because even though I said that was was puking for the next 3 day after that and was given the nickname "Puke Master Flex". That very next weekend I was out there drinking and puking.

At this point your thinking why didn't you just stop or what's up with this. Just think about it I'm 17 turning 18( in the story) and this was pretty much all there is to do. You go out, drink, and pick up chicks. Needless to say I still drink but at least I'm not puking all over the place. And the point of this was to let anyone that hasn't drank or if you do, just some tips on not what to do. And to share my story that i thought was funny.

Haha that is a good story, man. I didn't know anything about the drinking laws in Japan so thanks for that information I know in Mexico, around Cancun, and other large tourist sites there is no enforced drinking age limit. Also man, you need to learn to hold your booze, drinking isn't exactly fun if your going to end up puking everywhere.

Lifes Lessons pt. 2

Yeah i would have to say that drinking is becoming one of my worst past times. As I sit here and type of even while working I'm thinking, man a nice cold one would be nice right now. LOL, I'm sure your thinking "This guy needs help', or " I think he is an alcohlic". Well I assure you I'm not just that in my youth 6 years ago I drank way to much and for some reason even when I say I'm a quit i don't, but why? Which brings me to the lesson: Why is it so hard to quit?

First and the most obvious reason people can't quit is because of your surroundings. If you hang around the people that drink and or clubs and bars the temtation to drink will be higher. Yes I know, and yes i don't have a lot of friends that drink and I don't think I have any that don't, but I wouldn't excommunicate them just because of that. They have been there for years and they have always been there for me.

Second reason I think is some people are dependent on it and need it to calm then or for other reasons. No I'm not depended I haven't drank in like a day lol, but serious before that it was like a week or so. I don't feel I need it to calm me or for fun, it's kinda like a rite of passage drinking is part of being an adult.

Third reason I think is that no one thought us what a limit is or how to drink maturely. I know for sure I didn't have that, at the time I started drink I was with military friends and the drank all the time anytime. I had a friend for the sake of this I'll call him Bang, he drinks daily till he passes out. I think he has a drinking problem but not like you think. He drinks a lot but doesn't do stupid ****, while drinking he get retard and belligerents but he will not go out and do this sometimes. There were a few times we were at the club and he was trying to fight everyone even me. Needless to say keyword was had. Don't talk to him anymore he did so shady stuff and I can't be friends with someone like that. The drinking I didn't care but being shady to a friend is a no no.

Fourth reason is for fun, now this reason is ok some people can drink for fun have a great time and not do anything stupid. Now we also have the people tha can't control it and drink to much. If you are the latter like me thats a big problem and man that sucks. You might not do anything stupid but you are acting stupid and making others fun factor drop cause now they are worried if your ok.

If there are other reasons tell me but at the moment I can't think of them.

Now to the how to stop, we its simple you eliminate the root or is it that simple?

I think it is easy to decide not to drink but to limit yourself is so hard, cause you might want to limit but then you get offers for free drinks and you let loose. In the end the only ways to stop is to either eliminate the root, which can be anything from friends, going to bars and clubs, to getting help from friends and classes.

Will power, this is the only way to stop. You need to have it you need to own your problem and let it know you control it not it controls you. Once you have your will power back there is nothing you can't do. You will feel like a new human being, a higher feeling of success. Not only will you see the change in you but the change will affect how others see you.

How to get and control will power? Man now that is hard, some would say it's all in the mind and that you should be able to handle it without help, stop being a P#$$y. To them I say yeah right! It's not that simple and while yeah a lot of it has to do with your brain power, your spirit need to be strong as well. If you have never thought about it then hey maybe you should. Your spirit can make you stronger then before and can keep you going and with this spirit power your will power will increase. Read up and get that knowledge because knowledge is power as they say.

Regards,

JohnNitro

Life Lesson part 3:Ok so another day another lesson learned. Does anyone else have any thing they have learned throughout there like time and would like to share with us all. Well as for me I learned that working a 12 hour shift sucks.....but it can also be cool if your job is playing video games. So i guess it doesn't suck..... I play game for 12 hours then get home and sleep...The sucky part is that its from 6pm to 6am... man that shift sucks not time to do anything, only day off is sunday. The job is awesome thought so I don't mind.. I just hope I can keep this up.... Any one else have a crazy schedule they have at work????????????????I'm sure it not that important to most but I like talking about stuff if you haven't noticed...and its fun to have that interaction......So anyways let me know what up with you all and you lessons and or your weird sucky schedule...Peace out,-JohnNitro