xisto Community
Feelay

How To Create A "user Profile" Page. No design (easy to add later if you want).

im new to html and code makingHow To Create A "user Profile" Page.

so can you please try to help more I tried to enter the first code on expression web and nothin showed up I don't know if thats supposed to happen.. ? so  if possible it would be very helpful to create a video showing how to do it, if not that s just fine to.

-reply by leah

Solution for lysvir How To Create A "user Profile" Page.

Solution for lysvir:

Your code:

<h4>Logged in</h4><fieldset><a href = "<?php echo "member_profile.Php?username=$user"; ?>"><?php echo $user; ?></a><a href="logout.Php">Log out</a></fieldset>

What you have wrote wrong is the link.

It shall be wrtoe like this:

<h4>Logged in</h4><fieldset><a href="<?php echo "member_profile.Php?username=$user"; ?>"><?php echo $user; ?></a><a href="logout.Php">Log out</a></fieldset>

-reply by Nicholas

I'm trying this on my new website. For some reason if I go to the Members page it says "Table 'databaseName.charecters' doesn't exist". How can I fix it?

I know this is a very late reply, but anyways, if you are still working on that website, and if you still haven't solved this problem, try changing "charecters" to "characters" =)
If that doesn't work, make sure you have the database table set properly and make sure that the table name that you are referring to is correct by logging in to PHPMyAdmin or whatever software you use to customize your database. :)

You told Yordan that it didn't say anything like that error in the script. The piece of code making that error possible to appear is "or die(mysql_error())". This piece of code helps you debug you SQL-queries.
I've learned though that these lines should be removed before releasing the page for security reasons, keep that in mind. (Y)

Regards
/Feelay | Nanashi
Edited by Feelay (see edit history)

Hello,This tutorial is great, and it's helped me a great deal.. But I keep getting an error on the table line in the PHP, it states:"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/darahwyn/public_html/member.Php on line 30" I've tried to work on it but it doesn't seem to want to work, have you any idea what I can do?

-reply by Bones

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/darahwyn/public_html/member.Php on line 30"

Could you please show us this line 30 in the member.php file, so that we see what T_STRING looks unexpected today?

I know it's been a couple years since someone has posted on this thread, but I stumbled across it the other day and I really like the script. The only issue I am having is on the member_profile.php page is that the members name isn't showing up. I changed the code ever so slightly, but that shouldn't make a difference. Can you take a look and see what I am missing?

<?php include 'menu.php'; ?><div class="container"><?phpsession_name('tzLogin');session_set_cookie_params(2*7*24*60*60);session_start();$nuser=$_SESSION['usr'];$auser=$_SESSION['admin'];if($nuser){$userfinal=$nuser;}elseif($auser){$userfinal=$auser;}if(isset($userfinal)){$username = $_GET['usr'];$user = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM user WHERE usr = '$username'");$user=mysql_fetch_assoc($user);if($user['level'] > 1){die("You cant view an Admins profile!");}echo "<h1>User Info</h1>";echo "<b>Username:".$user['usr']."<br>";echo "<br>";echo '<form name="backlistfrm" method="post" action="Members.php">';echo '<input type="submit" value="Back to The List">';echo '</form>';echo "<br>";}else {echo "You are not logged in. Please log in to continue";}?>

Unknown column 'exp' in 'order clause

what does 'exp' represent

Also when I goto my member.php, that shows, and if I change:

$Members = mysql_query("SELECT username FROM members WHERE level ='1' ORDER BY exp DESC") or die(mysql_error());

to

$Members = mysql_query("SELECT username FROM members WHERE level ='1' ORDER BY id DESC") or die(mysql_error());

member.php just shows a blank page...

I have two tables in my database... one user and user_info.. and userID is foreign key.. how to insert into foreign key column on registration and then after get the complete info from user_info to give an option to user to edit or complete the profile...

please help me!!!!