xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kanade

Who Will Be Next Us President?

Who cares? Like all countries in the West, presidents, prime ministers, or whatever else you want to call them are not elected but put in place by big business. No matter who becomes the next president, the real decisions and policies are decided by the big corporations who have little interest in the citizens and every interest in increasing their profit margins. Sure they will impliment the odd social welfare program but, they then make the requirements to receive that benefit so difficult to meet that the actual payout is minimal.CaptainCanuck

Then the president that 'wins' will still result in choosing which portions of big business have the power, or else there would already be a landslide for the 'winner' if all the powers behind them agreed and worked together. So regardless of how corrupt the system has become the hopes that one candidate will win over another still holds a solid amount of weight and with it various consequences over how power will be divided in one of the worlds most powerful nations for the next four years.

I'm Canadian, but I truly believe that Obama should, and WILL win. All the Republicans seem so fake, and... well, stupid to me! Obama really could really do the States some good, especially with environmental issues.

I'm English so who cares what I think. But Maxfelgar they are discussing the possibility of Hilary Clinton running and becoming president and she is, of course, a democrat not a republican. George Bush has tarnished the reputation of the republicans so I doubt they will get in next. I think your all a bit cynical about business leaders being policymakers.But yeah, definitely possible that America could break another social landmark and elect their first female president. Can you imagine the reaction of an Islamic republic to a female president though?