xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darasen

I Seem To Have Lost Points.

Does activating your account reset your points to a certain level or are whats labeled as points before one is hosted count less after hosting? I ask because before I activated my hosting I had 70 credits listed. I went straight to plan 2 which I understand is 30 credits. Thus it seems that I would have 40 credits left. I do not know how credits equate to days of hosting however, it seems that 40 credits would equate to more than 2 days. If I wrong that is fine or the credits are lost or whatever is not really a big concern. I more curious than anything else.

Edited by Darasen (see edit history)

Unless it has changed recently, you are reset to 3 credits after getting a hosting plan regardless of how many you build up prior to applying for hosting. Past this, you will have your credits reduced by 1 credit per day. The amount of credits you'll receive for posts vary due to a number of criteria and factors.

Unless it has changed recently, you are reset to 3 credits after getting a hosting plan regardless of how many you build up prior to applying for hosting. Past this, you will have your credits reduced by 1 credit per day. The amount of credits you'll receive for posts vary due to a number of criteria and factors.

Thanks Jeigh, that is exactly the information I was looking for. I looked through the FAQ and did not see that information.

ouch :( . Can't exactly say that I think this is fair.

ouch :( . Can't exactly say that I think this is fair.

Especially after going down 40 points! That would have been a pain, all that hard work posting! But I understand why that rule stands, imagine the amount of credits you could get without it!

It was a kick in the pants for me. I expected the application process to take a while, so I applied for the lower-level hosting once I had the required amount of credits and I kept building up to about 50 or 55. I did this so that once my application was accepted--if it was accepted--I could start using it right away and apply for the second-level hosting at the same time. However, as soon as my application was accepted my credits all disappeared! Lost around 50 credits. :(And my domain still doesn't work properly! The nameservers are right, and have been for longer than the TTL, so Xisto is just taking a while to apply the settings, I guess...- Jared