xisto Community
insomnia76

Laptop Wont Power With Under Battery Power

hello all.....haven a odd issue with a laptop.......the laptop will not power up unless the ac adapter is plugged in....the battery is new and once the laptop is runnin xp shows thats the battery is charged...currently 92%. Now i can unplug the ac adapter and the system will run under battery power for some time(1 hour +) but if i power the laptop down and try to power it back up it will power up for 3 or 4 secs then go dead.then i have to use the ac adapter once again. I"m thinkin maybe the battery cant handle the load while booting....not real sure though...laptop is a sony vio

I think your problem is that the bios is getting the battery information wrongly. It might have thought your battery is low, so it cut it off. But in windows, the driver for acpi might think other wise. You mentioned that the battery is new? But your notebook is old??? Is it an original battery? Normally the battery is capable to handle the starting load and for notebook, the startup load is actually the same throughout.You can try to look under your bios, explore around and see if there's an option to do a battery calibration. Most notebook has one. If your's have, then run it. Be prepare to spend at least 4 to 8 hours though. It will full charge your battery, then discharge it and then charge again, to recalculate it's capacity. After that, your battery's remaining percentage and remaining time will be more accurate.

Sounds like a battery problem to me, the battery might be reporting false data to the system and the BIOS thinks there's a lot of power but there isn't any power remaining on the battery. Try popping in a new battery.xboxrulz

Laptop Will Not ChargeLaptop Wont Power With Under Battery PowerWhen I try to turn it on it will no longer come on with or without charging the battery ,t's a new battery . It was working and telling me that the battery was low even when I had the charger plugged into it. The screen would blink and then it just shut off and now it won't do anything.-reply by Deneen Adams

Laptop Will Not ChargeLaptop Wont Power With Under Battery PowerWhen I try to turn it on it will no longer come on with or without charging the battery ,t's a new battery . It was working and telling me that the battery was low even when I had the charger plugged into it. The screen would blink and then it just shut off and now it won't do anything.-reply by Deneen Adams