xisto Community
Miggi

Pc Does Not Boot

Asus laptop does not bootPc Does Not Boot

Asus laptop A8 series Windows Vista Home Premium, 2GB RAM, ATI Radeon 256MB Graphics, switch off my laptop this morning, but when I switch it back on, the harddisk runs, there is yellow light showing, but nothing happens later.. Anybody can help me? Can't even go into BIOS screen, boot screen or whatever.. 

-question by Jonathan

PC not booting up after restatring CMOSPc Does Not Boot

Hi. I'm using a Asus M2N-E motherboard and when I do a CMOS restart HDD's start to spin Fan of VGA,Processor and main fan also start spinning but there is no picture on the screen and it seems the bios doesn't start up. About half a year ago I had the same problem but I couldn't solve it so I brought it to a technician but couldn't see what he did in order to be able to do it my self. I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong nor with my VGA card nor with my Monitor and RAm since they were running just fine today. I was trying out some things and the PC freezed so I decided to shut it down and start up since I don't have a reset button but there was no response from the button and shut the power from it directly. Thought first that my CPU got fried but still restarted the CMOS and again nothing happened. After a few minutes I checked the cable connecting the button to the motherboard and it was disconnected. I reconnected it and it started but it seems like I got a system boot failure and don't know how to fix it. Please do help me ./txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley6.Gif

-reply by Bla7e