xisto Community
overkiller

My Photography.... College course :)

Well i hope i can post this, but i just wanna show you guys some of the stuff ive been doing for my photography course at college!

Posted Image

View from my town center

Posted Image

post office gates lol

Posted Image

A walkway round the corner from my house

Posted Image

Quick one on my old phone of my girlfriends dog ;)

Theres loads more but dont wanna bore you guys lol

What do u think?

Nice pictures, but...You posted in the Computers and Tech, Designing section. So, you are supposed to explain us something concerning your techniques, the designing tips you learned at school which lead to the effect obtained here.If you did this for your photography course, this should mean that they are not simply lucky strokes, that you wanted to obtain an effect and used some techniques to get that.I think I could guess some of them, but could you explain a little bit about it ? For instance I'm pretty sure that for sky900/P251207_1608 you had to use a tripod, with an aperture closed at F11 or F22 and at least five seconds shoot time. Am I right ? Please explain us.Yordan

Oh im sorry yordan! just wanted to show off a lil lolthese are supporting work, just pictures related to my work but not part of my actual piece.tbh these where all taken with my camera phone (lg Viewty). it was for a project called environment and i documented my daily travels and such with something which is always in my environment, my phone ;)For that picture Yordan I balanced my phone on the wall as i was on a bridge going over that river. The ISO on the camera was on 100 or 200Tbh some of my best photos where just pure luck with the location:P

First off nice photos, Photo Two would be my favourite, due to the excellent use of line complementing the use the light to create the shadows and to show of the brown tonel range and the textures on the wall and floors.Photo three is a interesting slight use of the Rule of thirds (i.e. foreground, background and middleground), but is there a reason you took the photo on a angle or is just for a effect?.Photo Four, while blury shows a great photo from being taken of a phone, which is hard to achieve in such tonel rangesOverall Great Work

Photo three is a interesting slight use of the Rule of thirds (i.e. foreground, background and middleground)

Slight correction here. The "rule of thirds" is not "foreground, background and middleground", which would be compositional depth. The "rule of thirds" is to do with balance of vertical / horizontal spacing. It's where you position the main focus of your work about a third of the way across the image, as opposed to dead centre. If you draw horizontal and vertical dividing lines one-third of the way across your image, similar to the grid of the game tic-tac-toe, then your primary focus should fall where the lines intersect. Edited by Lancer (see edit history)

Nice pics, you got good potential their =), i don't get the importance of the last one though:P, it ruins the other ones XD.

It's not important for you, but for his girlfriend (so also for him) it's very important.

Very nice photos... I think the dog could have been less blurry, but that is the only thing I would see to critique. They are well thought of... and it is not just a photograph of the sky... It is beautifully captured.

I thought the thirds was where the horizon line goes.

It often is, as can be seen with the first image. The main point of the rule is to avoid having subjects slap-bang in the middle, while also not hard out against the edge of the shot. It's used a lot on movies & television, although things are moving around there all the time. One of those rules that is made to be broken from time to time. The "foreground / middleground / background" concept mentioned earlier is valid, but not what the "rule of two thirds" refers to.
These shots are perhaps a little over-centred and could be cropped to fit the rule of two thirds a bit better. What I really like about them is the lighting.

I really like the 2nd photo you have there of the town centre. Very intriguing angle and the light and shadows make it extremely eye catching.Nice work :rolleyes: