xisto Community
Feelay

Can't Select Database =? It works on my home PC

Hey!

I've made a register script. It works on my home pc, but when I upload it to Xisto, it don't work =/

This is the error meesage I am getting:

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/feelay/public_html/regcheck.php on line 35

You Could Not Register Because Of An Unexpected Error.

Error: No database selected

I know the error is from the database.. But I don't know exactly how the Xisto database works.. My username is feelay_myname

i think, and the databasename should be feelay_thedatabasename. But still it ain't working.

When I get this error it is often because of some invalid row() array. You might want to look around at your script on line 35 and see what mysql action is going on. If you absolutely cannot figure out what is going on I suggest you use this little tip. Press <enter> before and after the suspected mysql string. If it only moves down one line then you found your problem otherwise it is not the problem. I think you get this error when you have look for the number of results in a database that does not exist. Common errors may be case sensitivity and incorrect spelling of database name.Sorry I can't really suggest anything more other then look closely at your query and maby even post it here if you continue having errors.Sparkx