xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
OpaQue

Important Nameserver Update

Dear Members,

In our ongoing efforts to make our services more reliable and simple, We have made an important DNS move for better uptime of our services. We request you to change your Primary Nameserver by logging into your Domain Control Panel. We regret the inconvenience due to this DNS move but this is very necessary for improving our DNS system.

Benefits of this move:-

Reduced DNS Failure (Especially North America)

Server at ThePlanet Datacenter.

Better Protection & Safety for DNS records.

Incase of any server failure in our cluster, DNS will not fail.

Seperate Server for DNS to help us handle DDOS attacks in peace :-)

Xisto.com

Change:

NS1.ASTAHOST.COM => 64.69.35.170

To:

NS.COMPUTINGHOST.COM => 67.19.253.52

Change:

NS2.ASTAHOST.COM => 64.69.35.177

To:

NS2.COMPUTINGHOST.COM => 64.69.35.177

Thank you for your support and co-operation.

Sincerely,

Shridhar M. Pare

Owner / Founder

Xisto Corporation

-- View the Full News Article here -- https://support.xisto.com/index.php?_m=ns&newsid=10

I've got a bad feeling about this...
Remember when you were trying to fix up my little name server mess before? I can see that happening again, LOL.

I'll do it in an hour or so, I just want to get my sections, categories and menu setup in joomla.

Well... I tried.

NameServer ns.computinghost.com is not a valid Nameserver

And when I try with capitals...

An unexpected error has occurred - please re-try the action.

Retrying just gives me the same message.
You must think I'm an absolute loon for not being able to change a name server... sorry ^_^

off topic, do admins/mods get to see more than 8 things in the shotbox? if so, have a read of wot myspacer and UhOh80 have been doing.
Edited by Sten (see edit history)

I was going to try that.

Even though...

Change:NS1.COMPUTINGHOST.COM => 64.69.35.170
To:
NS.COMPUTINGHOST.COM => 67.19.253.52

seems a bit weird. everything on xisto is changing to it, including Xisto - Web Hosting.

I wonder what it's meant to be?

I've managed to modify my primary nameserver (I am hosted at Xisto - Web Hosting) through GoDaddy with no problems at all.

ughhh... now I have to GoDaddy to fix it again >.<"Geez... lol

xboxrulz

^_^
GoDaddy is so easy to use though! I changed all of my domains in about 30 seconds since there is a mass edit option at GoDaddy.

I'm pretty excited about this change! I have had numerous issues with the previous nameserver from a user point of view but not on the admin side. Meaning, I've never had any trouble pointing a domain to the server but frequently have trouble connecting to the server from my computer. Others could connect but there is all too frequently an error that prevents me from seeing it. I hope the new server alleviates this problem.

Many thanks to OpaQue for his continued efforts to improve our host experience.

vujsa

Should this change be done immediately? (I have an account at Xisto - Web Hosting.com but we are part of Xisto family, aren't we?)

Should this change be done immediately? (I have an account at Xisto - Web Hosting.com but we are part of Xisto family, aren't we?)

Yes, please do this as soon a possible!
vujsa

^_^GoDaddy is so easy to use though! I changed all of my domains in about 30 seconds since there is a mass edit option at GoDaddy.

I'm pretty excited about this change! I have had numerous issues with the previous nameserver from a user point of view but not on the admin side. Meaning, I've never had any trouble pointing a domain to the server but frequently have trouble connecting to the server from my computer. Others could connect but there is all too frequently an error that prevents me from seeing it. I hope the new server alleviates this problem.

Many thanks to OpaQue for his continued efforts to improve our host experience.

vujsa

lol, was just kidding ... but we shouldn't change this again.

xboxrulz

Usually DNS updates get the site down for atleast 5-6 hours. Thanks to the expertise of my L3 engineers, we developed a script to add extra DNS extries for Nameservers so that, your site has 0 downtime.

You must change your nameserver soon because NS1 will no longer receieve any DNS updates from our cluster of servers. If you do not change it, your site will stop working in future without notice because of any DNS changes. Your subdomains / addon domains or parked domains which you configure later on will not work.

The new nameservers are the only nameservers which will be up-to-date with the information it needs to have about your website.

I once again request all our members to please update the nameservers as soon as possible to avoid running into any type of confusion later.