xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kvarnerexpress

The March Metal Music Competition!

Alright, heres my idea for a thread:

This is a metal competition in which we inidividually construct and record a metal song, depending on the theme. I know alot of us are artists and we play instruments all day, so plenty of us record on the computer. This is similar to the competitions that are held in the Guitar forum, except it isn't neccessarily based on skill, but on how good a song sounds. .

RULES AND HOW TO ENTER:

1. Each member is limited to one song, so MAKE IT COUNT.
2. You can certainly have someone help you. For example, if you are a drummer, then its ok to have a guitarist help you with the guitar parts. You have to have a hand in the production of the work though.
3. The song must be over 2 minutes.
4. Quality is not an issue, although it DOES help, it is not the main factor in judging how "Good" a song is.
5. If you need to host your song, go to http://www.soundclick.com/default.cfm and make an account. That way you can host a song. Another method is upload hut although I don't reccomend it.
6. Winner decides the theme for the next competition thread.
7. There will be a seperate voting thread.
8. Please do not spam, or complain that this won't work.
9. This rule is important; MIDI SUBMISSIONS WILL BE IGNORED. (unless you're using midi drums or keyboards, in that case its ok, the guitarwork must be authentic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey
ADVICE TO ALL OF YOU

1. Duplicate your tracks, then pan each one hard left, and hard right, gives you a better sound

2. DO NOT, DO NOT use sooooooo much gain. Thats why you guys get such a terrible sound.

3. USE MIDI DRUMS OR ANY TYPE OF DRUMS, it gives so much more atmosphere.

4. Tweak the sound in whatever program you use, it is essential.

There are plenty of sites that help---search the internet.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity/ <--- FREE RECORDING PROGRAM TO USE.

The current theme for this thread, is black metal. If you need to know what black metal is, or some artists in the genre, then please search for the genre thread by LegionsOfMarduk, it explains all. Thanks.

If you need advice on how to record, PLEASE DO NOT ASK IN THIS THREAD, GO TO THE R & M YACHT CLUB, AND ASK, PLENTY OF MEMBERS WILL BE WILLING TO HELP YOU.

Now go, my children, make music!

P.S. Sorry Rock fans, you're out of luck, because we need to do it for one genre only (metal), its less confusion. I'll make a rock thread later though to compensate for this one.

P.P.S. Don't worry CJ i'm not entering

To listen to the songs, go to this soundclick. Thanks

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/