xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kxrain

Faq. Knowing How Digital Camera Lenses Work

This are the articles I found in yahoo.com

When shopping for a digital camera, people often overlook the camera lens. Serving as your camera's "eye," the lens determines what your camera can see - and how well that view is transmitted to the CCD (charge-coupled device) or CMOS (complementary metal-oxide semiconductor) chip for recording. The following sections explain the basics of how digital camera lenses work.
Focal length

Different lenses have different focal lengths. On a digital camera, focal length measures the distance between the lens and the image sensor, measured in millimeters.

Focus on these focal-length facts:

* Focal length determines the lens's angle of view and the size at which your subject appears in the frame:

⢠Wide-angle: Lenses with short focal lengths are known as wide-angle lenses. A short focal length has the visual effect of "pushing" the subject away from you and making it appear smaller. You can fit more of the scene into the frame without moving back.

Read more here : https://www.yahoo.com/tech/

If you copy text from another webpage you have to place it in between some quote tags ^_^Imho not the best article on lenses. First of all, a lens on a film camera is exactly the same as on a digital, so "Knowing How Digital Camera Lenses Work" is a misleading title. Even worse is that they only tell something about the focal length of the lens, but they forget things like the aperture, the material (plastic vs. glass), coatings, prisms/mirrors used in ultra-compacts.

If you copy text from another webpage you have to place it in between some quote tags ^_^Imho not the best article on lenses. First of all, a lens on a film camera is exactly the same as on a digital, so "Knowing How Digital Camera Lenses Work" is a misleading title. Even worse is that they only tell something about the focal length of the lens, but they forget things like the aperture, the material (plastic vs. glass), coatings, prisms/mirrors used in ultra-compacts.

The first thing I look at when I look at buying a camera is the specs... so I know how many megapixles how much memory etc.. but I am also not a professional just an enthusiast. I found the hp site to be a great source for tips and faq's I might encounter.

The first thing I look at when I look at buying a camera is the specs... so I know how many megapixles how much memory etc.. but I am also not a professional just an enthusiast. I found the hp site to be a great source for tips and faq's I might encounter.

I first look at specs, then I start looking for reviews. Reading a lot of reviews does help you to understand the specs and why good number don't mean that your pictures will look good.
For example, most manufactures are bragging about their 12MP camera that can shoot at ISO3200 ... You might think that's good if you're looking for a camera that can make pictures that look at oil paintings. The more pixels/inch on the CCD or CMOS, the more these sensor are succeptible for noise. The less megapixels and the bigger the sensor, the better your pictures will look like (if you have a descent lens in front of it of course).

tutorial to create an application for facebook

Faq. Knowing How Digital Camera Lenses Work

Facebookster - We can provide a full range of facebook application strategy, design, development and marketing for your business.

Facebookster.Com