xisto Community
Akhan

A Scientific World In 2050 Give ur Suggesstions

In 2050, the Arab world will be in a severe depression. How the rest of the world will fare, will depend on the adaptability of communities.

Many non-oilwell sources of transportable energy are presently in research and development, and will soon be proving themselves. For example, Coskata Energy has done bacterial genetic engineering and produced an end-to-end process for producing ethanol from biowaste. Argonne National Labs has determined, according to General Motors, that for every unit of energy used, it generates up to 7.7 times that amount of energy, and it reduces CO2 emissions by up to 84 percent compared with a well-to-wheel analysis of gasoline.

This kind of advance in technology can make drilling for oil obsolete. The question is which communities will adopt such technology. The U.S., for example, appears to have a very corrupt Federal government at this time, and may be unwilling to challenge the special interests. My guess is that the intelligent people in the world will move to where the communities are willing to provide what central governments are increasingly unable to supply.

Edited by docduke (see edit history)

By 2050, I know one thing for a fact. Intelligent people will seperate out and make their good community inside some sort of a dome thereby isolating the envoirment from the rest and preserving nature. Some day we can see BIG cities with such intelligent planning in the heart of nature without harming it at all. I look forward for steam & electric cars taking over gas & even hybrid.The rate at which I see temperature changes year after year is leaving me puzzled. A week back my city (Mumbai) recorded the LOWEST temperature in winter of about 12.5 C.And not to mention, Each year during monsoon, the streets are flooded and a new record is created. No matter how fast the govt. here is said to progress its now unable to keep up with the furious pace of nature.

A friend told me that he was watching a show on SBS (that's why I wasn't watching it, I can't stand that channel) and it said by then in Australia anyway that everything would be run by computers and people would just try and hack it and then the place... dies. I can't see it happening though.I'm sure people 50 or so years ago had dreams of stuff like that in 50 years time but we don't have that stuff.I'm hoping by then that the medical department have gotten a bit further and maybe a cure for cancer! And then the cool stuff, hover cars would be nice!

To be honest, I don't think the future's going to be as great as people think it is.We're cutting down trees, making species extinct, using up oil, increasing our population, causing more pollution, and creating greenhouse gases at a very alarming rate, so around 2050, the world will most likely be a tinking, hot, overcrowded, dirty, place. Plus, there'll be a big depression because of the lack of oil. the world's becoming a bad place, and it will continue to get worse.Of course, because of this, the population will probably be significantly smaller by 2100, but I don't know that there'd be much chance on fixing the world. The world was at it's best around the year 2000, or maybe even earlier than that.

in my opinion earth's population will be forced to colonise two planets within 50 years if natural resources continue to be exploited at the current rate, according to a report out this week.A study by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF), to be released on Tuesday, warns that the human race is plundering the planet at a pace that outstrips its capacity to support life.The Living Planet report uses an index to illustrate the shocking level of deterioration in the world's forests as well as marine and freshwater ecosystems. Using 1970 as a baseline year and giving it a value of 100, the index has dropped to a new low of around 65 in the space of a single generation.It is not just humans who are at risk. Scientists, who examined data for 350 kinds of mammals, birds, reptiles and fish, also found the numbers of many species have more than halved. So i don`t think i whant to see what hapens in 2050... :) if you look over the internet you will find more things about this subject...in my opinion life is too short...and i whant to enjoy it every minute ...peace

This is sad, but I also think this is where we are heading. Another planet would be nice, but I think colonisation of other planets will still be a pipe dream in 50 years. I find it mind numbing that no-one see that things are finite, and that non-one seems to realise the impact that it will have. 50 years from now will not be nice. If resources continue to dwindle, I can see a natural reduction in the human population as being the only outcome. It's nice not to think about how that will happen, but if we don't then that could well be a terrible reality. I shaw follow the rest of the world and stick my head in the sand and pretend my life is great. I have a car, fuel, electricity, gas, water, supermarkets . . . what could possibly be wrong? :) Cheers,Hoopa

I will make this short :)

I am sure that all of you know how east German was after the second world war?
Thats how the world will look 2050. Trust me.. We are killing the earth. And in 10 years, it will be too late to try to heal it. And many humans (no offence) are too dumb, so stop using so much oil. The petrol Mafias wont allow us to use cars that works on water (that excists).. Many people can't afford, or don't want to buy cars that work on etanol.

And thats only one reason.
Another one is that humans are cutting down trees. Lets say 1000 trees / year grow up. The humans cut down something like 4000 trees / year..
The rainforrest:
in less than 10 years, it will be gone..

As I said: in 2050 Earth will look like east German after the second world war.

By "tudor"
in my opinion earth's population will be forced to colonise two planets within 50 years if natural resources continue to be exploited at the current rate, according to a report out this week.

Tudor: Not two planets.. We would need 5 Planets named "earth" if natural resources continue to be exploited at the current rate =/

By "Hoopa"
Another planet would be nice

Another planet is impossible. They are exploring the Red Planet "Mars".
It is impossible for us to live there.
I do belive more in aliens, than humans living on Mars.
Edited by Feelay (see edit history)

I think the fact that we can watch TV and watch movies about how cool things could be in the future. And I think that a lot of the posts here are more realistic and that is good. I think it is fun to imagine all that could be possible in the future. I think that if the technology were used correctly and not being abused, then I would see super power nations having all of the advantages of science... Everyone and their pets have cell phones nowadays, along with mp3 players, palm pilots, console games, pcs... Just see them enhanced even more... this is how the future seems it should be...I understand that a lot of the posts are saying that humans are killing the earth. This is true, but there seems to be more upsetting news that as much as they kill the earth, humans are killing more humans, too. That is the sad fact, that it is not only in times of war. Crimes are so high everywhere, and I would be afraid to see what that future would be like... And if SO much power can be unleashed, all of that power can be taken away...I would hope to see this fantastic future with floating cars and cool technological advances... but I wonder who will be around to enjoy such treasures!?But, I still believe that there will be people here to enjoy the spoils of the earth... And hopefully, it will be a much more enlightened time.