xisto Community
TavoxPeru

Access 97 To Access 2003

My apologies for the delayed response.
The Compact and Repair utility is under tools the the Access menu. Access keeps sevral system tables in each DB that are hidden by default. One of these tables stores object level permissions. Thre system tables can get a bit wonky sometimes and need repaired.

I am operating under the assumption that the DB is likely to have a mdw file as well given that it dies seem to have security enabled. The default location for this file is the same directory as the mdb file.

Lastly you can certainly use VB to access an Access DB. You will, however, still need to have the database's username and password.

Thanks for your time and don't worry for your delayed response, as you can notice i just see your response because last month i had a lot of problems with my connection that fortunately i resolve a few days ago.

I think that the better solution to this issue is by using VB to access this database.

Best regards,