xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xboxrulz1405241485

Ie8 Passes Acid 2 Test

So many things factor into these browser releases as has been already mentioned. To me personally, microsoft's attempts to secure IE after all the problems that were exposed in earlier versions just feels like them trying to catch up in my mind. Personally even if they make it more secure I've become accustomed to not using IE so they will need a HUGELY original or powerful inclusion in order to draw back my attention and loyalty.
At least they are moving in the right direction for the mass computer populace that uses the default windows browser. By getting the average joe using a more secure browser hopefully it'll limit the ability for hazardous net infections to spread without care.

I fully agree with you. After the IE 6 mess, I lost all confidence in Internet Explorer. The only reason why I use it now-a-days is because of websites that don't work on other browsers (I call them idiots for making it IE-only). Other than that I'm happy with Safari and Firefox.

xboxrulz

I believe a much easier solution short term which would be good for we web developers would be if everyone were to convert to Firefox. According to my statistics, its already above IE. So how do we convert the rest. If all sites were to just give this small heading "Site optimized for Firefox".......
People who are still using IE are people who do not know about FF or its advantages. On seeing that small tag in all websites, they will understand that they are loosing out by being on IE, and they will naturally convert.

Then just imagine the extremes to which web development can be taken. The time that we have to waste everyday to test compatibility with IE is just unforgivable...................................................................................

Any site that works best in one browser is bad, even more so when that browser is at least third most popular. So it is needed to get compatability with IE.

And anyway, Opera's better. What you suggest, something on every website, would give more advertising than even IE gets. And impossible.. probably less than 1% of the web is updated weekly.