xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sten

Using Wi-fi With Ipod Touch

Well i bought an ipod touch today and i was hoping that my brothers nintendo adapter would work with it. it turns out it doesnt but i know how to hack it and make it work but he wont let me.

so anyway, i was looking for a wireless adapter. would this one work with it? i dont want to buy it and have it not work. the ipod touch can take 802.11b and 802.11g and this one can handle both so im assuming it works? its $60 AU at office works, $10 over my price range but anyway i dont care.

there is this $50 internal one that probably would be better but its internal and i dont trust myself... lol.

That is for a computer to connect to a wireless network (opposite to what you want). What the Nintendo adapter does is, you connect it to a computer, and shares internet though that, but as far as I know, it only works with DS's and Wii's. If I were you, I would just buy a wireless router, because you could just use it for other wireless things later on.

so basically im gathering i might as well get a wireless router?should i get a wireless router or just an access point? i think they would do the same thing but an access point is pretty much for wi-fi? lol mcdonalds have access points that u can pay to use!ok the wireless router is cheaper anyway and by the looks of it you already need a router. although my modem is a wired router as far as i no, it says ADSL Router on the front.sorry im not the greatest with this stuff, im a software person, not a hardware person.

Edited by Sten (see edit history)

Yes, once your wireless router is properly configured, you can get on the internet with your ipod, remember to set up NAT (Network address translation and a working DNS)Also set a friendly SSID, and remember to secure your wireless broadcast with at least a 64bit key, which you will be required to enter in your ipod when connecting (this will usually be a one-time thing though)If you have any issues configuring your wireless router, let me know at maxoroberts@yahoo.co.uk I will be glad to provide whatever support you might require.

Edited by maxoroberts (see edit history)