xisto Community
evansmaster

Windows Or Mac?

Personally, I prefer my Mac. There are times when I really need Windows though, but if I wasn't dedicated to some of the downloadable games (Like IMVU) then I'd be fine with Mac. As long as I have GIMP and Safari/Firefox then I'll be fine.

Good thing I have Parallels. Bad thing that it cost so dang much. '-'
To anyone who would ever want to try to use Parallels, I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a minimum amount of roughly $400 and a really fast mac. (It slows my computer down like WOAH)

I don't have any performance issues when running a virtual machine on my Macbook, and it's a Mid 2007 Macbook so nothing fancy there. I just made sure I had 2GB of memory instead of the then stock amount of 1GB. Other than that, my Macbook is stock and haven't modified it at all.xboxrulz

I don't have any performance issues when running a virtual machine on my Macbook, and it's a Mid 2007 Macbook so nothing fancy there. I just made sure I had 2GB of memory instead of the then stock amount of 1GB. Other than that, my Macbook is stock and haven't modified it at all.
xboxrulz

You're probably not running Vista Basic ._. on Tiger "/
On my computer its really slow.

I would but unfortunately, I don't have the money for it. I spent about $1,800 On a 13 inch MacBook that still has Tiger, around $70 - $80 on Parallels Desktop for Mac 3.0 and $200 for Windows Vista Basic (ew.) so "/ yeah. Another $200 is most likely out of the question right now with my family's finances the way they are.

hmmm... alright man, when u do, get XP instead. As for $1800 on a Macbook, aren't those listed for $1499 for the middle range (Mid 2007 prices)? Where did you get the $1800 price?
xboxrulz

Customizing it. LOL.
I added a lot to it *cough*

I seem to go crazy when I get to choose what I want and its not my money being used.

For most of add-on components.PC and mac should both use the same type of hardware such ide drive, usb ... etc.If you could found a drive that is wrote for mac. You even can use pc version.So, the most expensive one might be the core system.Then that will depends on your type of usage and budget !PC could lower as US$ 300-350, but mac will cost you $US 1300 or above.

I'm actually using my mac right now! I'm starting to really hate my Windows XP boot as it's just so buggy and poor at connecting to my router. I'm currently dual booting with XP and openSUSE 11. and to be honest, I'm really starting to like Linux more and XP less. As for Mac v.s. Windows, I think Apple will really start to take the market as they're becoming more stylist, popular and able to run Windows apps (due to intel chip).

I'm looking to get a laptop, hopefully Mac. The cheapest I can find is £656 on Apple Edu-UK, Amazon is 696. Should I bother looking for cheaper?

Are you at uni? If yes (or you have a mate at uni) get them to log on through the campus internet and buy it that way. You'll save money by using the student discount.