xisto Community
FirefoxRocks

Blocked From My Own Account HELP

Ok this is really strange.

I am blocked from accessing my own site and cPanel. When I go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ or http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ , it can't connect to the server. I tried it at school, both cPanel and main site, and it works fine. Initially I thought it was because I installed ZoneAlarm on my computer so it blocked me but I tried disabling everything and it still won't connect.

I used an insecure web proxy server to connect to be cPanel (really dangerous, I know) and checked for IP deny but there isn't anything there.

I also tried accessing http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ , which is not accessible as well.

Any idea what caused the problem? My friends are accessing it fine, and this is really critical that I need access.

I don't think this is an Asta/Trap problem - even if your IP is somehow blocked on your account, you should be able to se a "Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server" page at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. However, if your IP is blocked on a more global level, though I don't see how it could be, only OpaQue can help you.

Well, as you said, very strange, i just check your page and only to say that i can access it without problems, i check all the links you post.If you use Internet Explorer, check your security settings, maybe you add your page to the restricted sites.Best regards,

Well, as you said, very strange, i just check your page and only to say that i can access it without problems, i check all the links you post.
If you use Internet Explorer, check your security settings, maybe you add your page to the restricted sites.

Best regards,

I tried Firefox 3 beta, it used to be no problems, so I thought that the update caused trouble. Opera didn't work too, Safari failed next. Internet Explorer obviously couldn't connect.

It's the same in Linux, and as I said, accessing it from an open HTTP proxy worked fine, I think that my IP address is blacklisted or something.

I tried Firefox 3 beta, it used to be no problems, so I thought that the update caused trouble. Opera didn't work too, Safari failed next. Internet Explorer obviously couldn't connect.
It's the same in Linux, and as I said, accessing it from an open HTTP proxy worked fine, I think that my IP address is blacklisted or something.

Yes, it is possible, check your proxy settings.

Best regards,

Well I contacted Xisto - Support and they said that my IP address wasn't blocked on the server firewall. They told me to check with my ISP, I will do that this evening I guess. If they can't find anything then I don't know how to fix this!!!

I had this problem some monthes ago, the problem was inside my own PC. May I suggest you to boot off the knoppix LiveCD, this will be independant from your hard disk settting, and try to reach your cpanel. If you are successful with knoppix, this means that your browser settings have a problem.Please try surfing off the knoppix operating system and keep us informed.RegardsYordan

I have an Ubuntu Live CD, and it still doesn't work!

I contacted my ISP this evening, they checked a few things. At their location, about 350km away from my town, they could connect through their own network. They told me that I was on the same network that they were on, and they also tried from a different network and it was ok.

We then did a traceroute to determine where the connection was dropped. Here are the results:

Tracing route to portal.trap17.com [64.69.46.210]over a maximum of 30 hops:
1 23 ms 24 ms 23 ms 24.109.146.1
2 27 ms 31 ms 2329 ms rc1sc-ge2-0-0-1.wp.shawcable.net [64.59.181.66]

3 27 ms 29 ms 29 ms rc2nr-ge12-0-0.wp.shawcable.net [66.163.73.169]

4 45 ms 48 ms 46 ms rc2ch-pos7-0.il.shawcable.net [66.163.76.174]
5 72 ms 47 ms 48 ms rd2ec-pos1-0.il.shawcable.net [66.163.65.14]
6 63 ms 49 ms 62 ms ge5-0.cr01.ord01.mzima.net [206.223.119.62]
7 123 ms 92 ms 95 ms eos1-22.cr02.sjc02.mzima.net [216.193.255.154]
8 109 ms 110 ms 111 ms eos1-23.cr01.lax02.mzima.net [216.193.255.74]
9 127 ms 100 ms 97 ms ge0-calpop.cust.lax02.mzima.net [72.37.172.90]
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 *

So according to this, the connection is dropped at the mzima server. Does Xisto use those or what? Maybe it is because of my geographic location. But anyways, is there a way to connect in a different path?

We then did a traceroute to determine where the connection was dropped. Here are the results:So according to this, the connection is dropped at the mzima server. Does Xisto use those or what? Maybe it is because of my geographic location. But anyways, is there a way to connect in a different path?

OK, this clearly says that there is a routing problem, at Xisto side.
So, you need urgently support from Xisto.
Have a look at M^me post here : http://forums.xisto.com/topic/87604-topic/?findpost=1064330381
He explains that if you urgently need support, you should send a mail to support_AT_astahost_DOT_com

Your mail should include:Your site details (subdomain/domain)
cPanel username & password
Forum Profile Link
Your current amount of credits (optional)
And finally, the nature of your problem in as much detail as you can.

Please try this, and come back here. This reveals a very important problem, and Xisto has to urgently repair it. Because if their gateway has a problem for the free hosted sites, the paid hosting sites have the same problem.

OK, this clearly says that there is a routing problem, at Xisto side.So, you need urgently support from Xisto.
Have a look at M^me post here : http://forums.xisto.com/topic/87604-topic/?findpost=1064330381
He explains that if you urgently need support, you should send a mail to support_AT_astahost_DOT_com

Please try this, and come back here. This reveals a very important problem, and Xisto has to urgently repair it. Because if their gateway has a problem for the free hosted sites, the paid hosting sites have the same problem.

I did that already, submitted a support ticket. But the thing is, the site is accessible from OTHER networks, and even my ISP can access it. It is accessible, as people said. Try it right now. The thing is inaccessible at my computer, which is really strange.

Yes, I can reach it from here. this means that the routing tables to my ISP's client PC's are correct, and the gateways are set to our ISP's support network, but not to your ISP's client support. If your ISP can reach it, that means that ISP's side is correct, and Xisto's site does not route to the client PC's.By the way, another path to explore : how are you connected ? Is ther an embedded firewall inside your Internat home router ?

Edited by yordan (see edit history)

Yes, I can reach it from here. this means that the routing tables to my ISP's client PC's are correct, and the gateways are set to our ISP's support network, but not to your ISP's client support. If your ISP can reach it, that means that ISP's side is correct, and Xisto's site does not route to the client PC's.By the way, another path to explore : how are you connected ? Is ther an embedded firewall inside your Internat home router ?

I don't have a home router.

Ok this is really ticking me off that I submitted a support ticket to Xisto for about a week and they haven't responded yet!!!I am relying on a CGI proxy to manage my MySQL databases, I can't navigate through file manager because images won't load!I should get a refund for this, but since I'm on free hosting, I guess this is all I'll get.