xisto Community
Grafitti

Acer Arcade Software is it possible to download?

I do hope it's okay to ask here as I'm really starting to hate Acer and I REALLY want to get this damn problem fixed. I am by no means a computer literate person, in fact, my dad bought this laptop for me some time ago and I have only just started using it while on exchange. All I know is, the operating system is technically Vista (how I loath it) but my sister's bf fixed it up so it looks somewhat like XP. The laptop is a Vista Aspire 4920.

What I have discovered recently is that the DVD drive does not register at all when I put a disk in (normally something would pop up like a window or options right?) When I go to my computer it simply lists the Acer (C drive) and Data (D drive). The same for device manager under disk drive. I asked my somewhat computer savvy sempai to have a look and he believes there is no driver installed. He tried to search the net to see if he could find a download (suitable for vista?) but couldn't get anything.

I have now asked my sister's bf for help but he is kind of busy and is back home so it's a little doing things from where I am now. He thinks the problem is as listed on this page:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us

"You upgrade a computer to Windows Vista or install Windows VistaService Pack 1 or you install or uninstall applications that have aCD/DVD filter driver. When you restart the computer, the CD drive orDVD drive no longer works as expected."

I followed instructions to remove the filters for DVD/CD from the registry but of course, having deleted them, I surely need to replace them? (But from where? How?) There was an upper filter entry but no lower filter...

I am left pretty much in the same fix and this time I have no idea what I should do. Thus I would like to beg some help off anyone who might know a solution.

Acer 5515 built in webcam helpAcer Arcade SoftwareI have an acer 5515 laptop with the webcam built it, it originally came with vista home, it didnt come with a restore cd it was on the harddrive when I bought it, my daughter messed it up some how an wiped the harddrive, I have since been able to install vista on it an the drivers for everything except the ones for the webcam or the software for the webcam, if anyone can help me on this I would appreciate it .Thank you

Hi Matey acer arcade deluxe isnt what makes the items work on the left side of the acer keyboard ie the round volume spiral etc its the ACER LAUNCH MANAGER THAT CONTROLS IT...

CHEERS A J CORISH 

-reply by a j corish

Acer Arcade Deluxe ver 4.3Acer Arcade Software

I have Acer desktop Inspire M3400.Click: Start/All programs/Acer/Recovery management.In Recovery management you have 2 options to create recovery disks. Choose drivers/applications and burn to DVD.Acer Arcade deluxe is found in the Apps file on disk.It sets up with ease on your pc.You now have Acer Arcade Deluxe working on your restored pc and works on non Acer pc's also!Enjoy!

-reply by John M