xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Gmail For Mobile Issue

HiMy mobile phone's model is the LG TU500 (Telstra version of the CU500)I recently downloaded the Gmail for Mobile App so I could check my gmail with my phone (The wap site wasn't working), but I'm having a problem with it. Whenever I go to write a message (compose, reply, forward etc.), I get this error message:java.lang.NullPointerException: Cause unknownAnd it won't go away, and the next time I use the program, I'm not signed in anymore.Is there any version available with this bug fixed? I can still read messages and everything, but it's annoying not being able to send them!!!

Edited by Habble (see edit history)

Hi
My mobile phone's model is the LG TU500 (Telstra version of the CU500)
I recently downloaded the Gmail for Mobile App so I could check my gmail with my phone (The wap site wasn't working), but I'm having a problem with it. Whenever I go to write a message (compose, reply, forward etc.), I get this error message:

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cause unknown

And it won't go away, and the next time I use the program, I'm not signed in anymore.
Is there any version available with this bug fixed? I can still read messages and everything, but it's annoying not being able to send them!!!

Previously I've used Gmail app for mobile and when trying to reply and forward emails, I've got some errors. After figuring out what's wrong, I've changed the setting for cookie and cache settings. Then it works for me. By the way, that was like 6 months back, so might not be related. Anyway you can give it a try. Cheers

Gmail for mobile works great on my phone (HTC Kaiser/ATT Tilt/ATT 8925) with one exception...when I go to refresh my mail it tells me I need a data connection (which I have) and fails. Then I click it again and it works fine. Not sure why it does that.Otherwise it works perfectly. Much faster than using IMAP through the Messaging application on my phone.