xisto Community
mHelmy

Dial Up Error svchost.exe - Application Error

I always get this error after a few hours using internet. I use dial up for internet connection.

The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000409) occured in the application at location 0x5b86a3c0.
OK/Cancel

After clicking on of those options (OK/Cancel), the connection is not disconnected, but there will be no data transfer.

If I let the warning, the connection will still run well for a while (so I can post this problem).

Help me to fix this please....

Thank You very much

Check under the Event Viewer (assuming you're using WinXP), look for the same error, and look at the detail, see if any application is mentioned. From there you can then narrow down the issue. You can try reinstall the affected application. Most likely it's the driver or control panel app for your connection/modem, especially ADSL modem. Dial Up modem seldom have these kind of problem.