xisto Community
Chesso

Hooking Wii To The Net.

I don't know if I have asked about this before, I hope not lol.Anyway I need something to connect the Wii to the net. I don't have anything wireless PC or Modem wise so I can't really go that route, nor do I have much money at all (so I can't fork out for PC wireless gear etc).I have heard about a special adapter for connecting through Ethernet, but I couldn't find anywhere around here in Sydney that stocks them yet.My modem/router also has USB connection but it doesn't work the Wii that I am aware of (I think it would need special drivers on the Wii anyway, it does for PC).Is there any other options that might not be so expensive?One of those USB wireless things (bluetooth is it), are they pricey?

my brother is on the internet on his wii right now.heres what we do:buy a Nintendo wi-fi adapter, plug it into the the computer (USB) and go through the setup process on the wii in the internet setting.you can also use a wireless router, does the same thing, still wireless but it has to be setup differently.the wi-fi adapter is $50 australian dollars.its made for broadband or better though. u can use it on dial-up i think but its a pain in setup and is extremely slow aparantly.

The Wii comes with a wireless adapter built in. All you need is a wireless router and configure it to work with your router. Then you're set to go.
xboxrulz

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/

theres a usb connector for your wii that will let you plug a ethernet cable in

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

and theres the USB connector for your PC like that other guy was talking about