xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
.:Brian:.

Afs Adapter Problem How do I remove it?

Ok, I am currently using Windows Vista ultimate, and for a while I was using OpenAFS. Well the problem happened that it added an adapter to my list of network adapters that is called 'AFS' Now this would be ok, but I would like to remove it to speed up my system a little, as I am no longer using OpenAFS, and have since removed it...However, when I go to network connections, and i try and delete it. It asks if I would like to delete it, and I click ok, and then i get 'error deleting connection, the selected connection cannot be deleted'Now this connection causes me an extra 20 or so seconds when my computer boots up to start up, as it searches for who knows what...so I would like to find a way to somehow remove it.Thanks for the help,Brian

is openAFS still installed? It might be not letting you remove the connection because AFS is not installed, reinstall it, then try removing the connection.

I never thought of that....but why would that be the case that I could only remove the adapter when I had OpenAFS installed? Doesn't make the most sense to me.....but oh well...Well, I tired it...and that did not solve my problem....Disabling the adapter seems to fix the issue with speed of my system...so maybe i'll just sit with it disabled....

I have searched around and haven't had much luck finding anything so far....but maybe I am not searching for the correct things...I am not sure how I would go about asking either microsoft of openafs about the issue...