xisto Community
Alegis

Username/pass Changed, Account Down

Hey,my FTP and Xisto/account cpanel do not recognize my account/password combination anymore.My hosting space (onzeklas.astahost.com) has also become inaccessible.Is this server down, has my account been removed or compromised?Thanks in advance.

It is unclear at this point but you're not alone. And your account has not been hacked, as far as I can tell. The reason I'm saying this is because I think it all started when there were restructuring of servers few weeks ago.Please visit https://support.xisto.com/ and submit a support ticket. Include detailed issue along with cpanel username, your URL and server name (gamma).Thank you.

You are facing the same problem as I and a couple of other members have faced. Perhaps the issue surfaces when you have been inactive at the CPanel/Forum.

You can do what I did, change the CPanel password. This wouldn't cost you 10 credits as the Password Change process will be marked as a failed. But, you can access your CPanel using the new password now.

The same issue can be found in:-

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/94197-topic/?findpost=1064377783
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/94173-topic/?findpost=1064377691

You are facing the same problem as I and a couple of other members have faced. Perhaps the issue surfaces when you have been inactive at the CPanel/Forum.
You can do what I did, change the CPanel password. This wouldn't cost you 10 credits as the Password Change process will be marked as a failed. But, you can access your CPanel using the new password now.

Hmm. Although that wouldn't explain why the data on my account is inaccessible. I tried changing the account, said username/pass is invalid.
As for those other issues, stopped reading the first one when it was confirmed the poster was hacked by an admin. Thought it was irrelevant ;)

I'll just assume the downtime is a strange occurrence. Made a ticket (thanks for the information), I'll bide my time.

Alegis,Have you deleted any folders or files before this issue? I see only Music folder and its contents in the trash bin, which tells me folders were deleted using FTP client or the trash bin was emptied out.The folders which are VERY crucial for your web hosting to perform are public_html, public_ftp and other important cpanel folders. You have none of those. So have you deleted them? If so, you have to terminate your current hosting and re-apply for new account. We have no way to "reset" your hosting account.

Deleted none of those. I deleted a folder (not related to music or system folders, just my data) day before. Everything was fine afterwards, account became inaccessible morning after.Files are gone? Ack. Why has the account information changed though then?Now I'm able to "access" the URL (not that it displays anything, or cpanel allow me to open it), past few days it was server not found. I would think its server related.

Edited by Alegis (see edit history)

Still inaccessible, no response from xisto.I reckon I should conclude the account and its content have been removed. Oh well.Thanks for the help turbo and buffalo.I haven't deleted any special/system folders or done anything else strange at all. I am also very positive it wasn't an intrusion that gained information from my PC.I would advise Xisto to send a warning to all its members if this same incident shows up again, having the client make back-ups occasionally should decrease the damage done. Luckily I had a SQL back-up made a day prior to this occurrence, wish I could have retrieved some of the files but I'll manage.Edit: Update:Account is online again, all data except for SQL database has been deleted.

Edited by Alegis (see edit history)