xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
One Shot 1

Sony Psp Memory Card can u put movies on the memory card and watch them?

i was wondering about buying a bigger memory card but if you cant put small vid clips on the card then i wont i need to know if its possible to put small or slightly larger clips on the memory card and watch them on the psp( without moddig the psp)

You can add videos but the have to be in mpeg-4 formatt not anyother, so yea you can, also music and pic, but you probably already knew that. but yeah, you can put videos, although i dont know how long they could be.

I'm pretty sure they just have to be movie files, it doesn't have to be in some special Sony movie encoding at all. I'm pretty sure it's any movie format, unless it is just mp4. I'm not sure, but you upload for movies to the PSP straight from your PC, so it wouldn't make sense if they had to be special Sony files reall.

The day that the PSP came out, last thurday, i went to bestbuy and talked to a Sony Rep, that was there to answer questions and he told me that that you could only play movies in the psp from your memory card only if they were in mpeg-4 format, its the ONLY formatt that it will allow.

Of course you can upload clips on your PSP memory card. But as all the guys said they have to be decoded in a specific format that PSP uses.Try this: http://mobilehackerz.jp/contents/3GPConv and download the 3GP conventer and use it to convert the videos you want to play on your PSP.(The site is on Japanese but it's easy to find the program :) just before you see a red line, there is a small window that contains the program "3GP_conventer.zip click on it and the downloading dialog should be launched.After you've downloaded the application, unzip it somewhere and run setuo, choose english and select the PSP option for decoding.Hope this could be of some help!

As said previously, The sony PSP can only read MP4 videos although I believe that in the next update they will be able to play WMA files too. If you want to watch videos on your psp just search for an MP4 Convertor on google.It is easy to convert and a full movie will take about an hour to convert, while other small video clips will take less than 15minutes.

No just MP4 will be reconized. Every file has to be converted and its better that way becuase you wouldn't need a 300mb file on such a small screen. Most people are getting 1GB memory cards now becuase they have gonna down in price by about $70 smd the 2GB is also gettin cheaper. There are many good coversion programs just make a google search. And it is very fast to convert to depending on the file size.

how much is it for an averge 2gb mem card for the psp?

Sony Psp Memory Card

I'm looking a bigger mem card fo my psp and I'm wondering how much it will cost.

-reply by lauren

gotta be mp4, microsoft will not allow sony to play WMV, but yes to WMA. The trouble with mp4, its not compressed, so it takes up a heck of alot of space.

how much is it for an averge 2gb mem card for the psp?

Sony Psp Memory Card

I'm looking a bigger mem card fo my psp and I'm wondering how much it will cost.

-reply by lauren

Your quote to that...

I would say around Ł15-Ł30? Some where between there. if your from usa $30-$60 est conversion.