xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
trinifawk

Kmart.com Online Ordering

This post serves the dual purpose of me recalling my experience with kmart.com and their service as well as venting my frustration with their quality of service. From reading this first sentence, you can probably already guess how my experience with Kmart.com was. BADI was shopping around for an inexpensive birthday present for the girlfriend that could be used to be a buffer in case any of the other presents that I got for her were bad. Her birthday is August 15th, so I decided to order my item from Kmart.com on July 30th, to give me enough time to gift wrap it and have it for her. The online ordering process went well, and I chose to register an account with them instead of being an unregistered customer. The item was a necklace and was supposed to arrive within 5 days of ordering. About a week later, I decided to call them to make sure that nothing on my end was done wrong, and that my order was being taken care of. I called their customer service number, and a polite customer service representative spoke to me and looked up my order, then took my email address and said that they would email me as soon as the item was shipped. I was kind of mad that I had not received my item, but since I had until August 15th, I decided that as long as I got it before then, that I would be fine. On the 20th of August, I finally received the necklace. Luckily, my girlfriend loved her other presents, but I would think twice before ever ordering something from kmart.com again. I was thorougly disappointed with the lack of courtesy on their part to inform me when the item was finally shipped, as I had begun to give up on it. It was a good late-birthday present though. That's my review. - Trinifawk

I have had similar problems with other online shops too! Thus the reason I don't like to purchase things off the Internet. Its really out of your hands, you pay them the money and wait - and you could be waiting days, weeks for whatever you purchased. That's why I like to walk into the shop, pay my money and get the product upfront!

Dude, you're shopping at KMART...seriously, you can't expect quality in product or service from that company. They do the bare minimum to keep the prices low. You're getting what you paid for.As far as them not meeting the deadline, you didn't get it in writing, their terms state that ship dates are estimates...I would never believe a deadline from any company unless it was stipulated in a contract.