xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ronel

Q: How Can I Make A Usb 6-in-1 Card Reader Bootable? with the card...

I have a problem.... :o It seems that I can't make the card in a usb card reader(6-in-1) to boot up.When I try to format it in Windows, it seems that the make MS-DOS startup disk is disabled :D .I tried to find other solutions(first 100 sites in Google) to see if there is a solution to the problem but only find programs for making bootable "flash disks." :blink: So please... reply.

Edited by Ronel (see edit history)

I don't think it is possible to even boot off a memory stick, unless your BIOS has that option. Last check that you can only boot from optical discs, hard drives and networks. I'm not so sure about memory sticks.Plus, if you could, you must have something installed in the storage in order for the computer to even boot from your memory card.xboxrulz

u can boot off my flash drive!my flash drive for some reason is detected as an actual hard drive. not just external storage or wotever they call it.anyway in my BIOS u can boot off a usb drive.

u can boot off my flash drive!my flash drive for some reason is detected as an actual hard drive. not just external storage or wotever they call it.
anyway in my BIOS u can boot off a usb drive.

Hey my usb card reader 6-in-1 also is referred as an actual hard drive, but I still wouldn't make it as a priority.

my bios can detect my usb memory stick when it is plugged into the computer, so it can detect usb drives. Restart the computer with the memory card reader plugged in - with a memory card in it and look in the bios for the boot priority. There you should find the usb device and put that at the top of the list (if its anything like my computer)Good Luck

my bios can detect my usb memory stick when it is plugged into the computer, so it can detect usb drives. Restart the computer with the memory card reader plugged in - with a memory card in it and look in the bios for the boot priority. There you should find the usb device and put that at the top of the list (if its anything like my computer)Good Luck

Sorry!

I don't have a bios like that! :blink:

What kind of BIOS do you have?Also - it's very common for most BIOS(es) after 1997 to allow for this option... Even my old Phoenix BIOS which won't even support most HDD's can boot off the flash...speaking of FLASH - - if you can find online a FLASH update for your BIOS -- wherein you actually write new code to this area -- you may be able to look into more options...Additionally - - if you can boot off of a CD or FLOPPY, there are plenty of utils out there that could boot up, and then proceed to your USB flash drives... I've noticed this is common in many releases of linux... good luck..