xisto Community
baby bear

Life After Death? do you believe in it??

do you believe in an afterlife?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What I believe is different than what I think is true. Personally, I believe in God and heaven, etc., because I like to, and because I do. When I think about it in a non-religious context, however, the only thing that makes sense to me is that there is none of that, we just die and that's it. I rarely think about the second option, however, because the first is just much more pleasant to think of.

wow, nearly half the people voted "YES, I do believe in after-life". I voted no :D here is the question for all you believers:if you lived in a remote place, without TV, Internet or any other access to the media and no church either, would you still believe in the after life? I mean would you come up with the whole after-life idea by yourself?If not, you are just a follower of the media/hollywood ideas. You might as well then believe that we're all just batteries and slaves to the computers(the matrix). sorry if I offended anyone, but that's just my view on the after life :mellow:

Edited by Athlon1600 (see edit history)

I do not believe in anything after death. There is really no proof of anything happening, only people that believe that they havedied and then come back to life saying that they saw a "light". THATS ALL, i think its mumbo jumbo when people say there is a heaven/hell,and others( i have nothing against religions/beliefs) but , really we need proof (when i mean proof, facts)if it is really true; really u cant say there is really anything after death,u'll just have to wait until you pass way.......... So ill have to say MAYBE.

To AthlonLife After Death?

My dear child, there was NO media or TV or anything like that 4000 years ago, and people belived...Without faith, when you DO finally find out for sure, it will be too late. If you are a good and honest person, it is not so hard to live up to His expectations... 

-reply by Teresa

The very concept of afterlife seems to be very vague, what we have been made to believe through years is that some people turned into horrifying ghosts as they could die a natural death, I mean were tortured to death or faced some sort of an accident which caused death, they would have had a lot of wishes unfulfilled or could not do away with the attachment they had with their loved ones,hence couldn't rest in peace. If you say someone goes to Heaven or Hell, I would say I believe both these concepts are on the earth. You need to pay back for your deeds right here before you face the end of your life. Moreover, if we really believe in the Divinity, then what makes us feel that some evil can manage to hide on the earth?The point that I actually try to make is that it is difficult for me to find anything that doesn't have concrete evidence, credible. According to me, we should believe in life, as it is worth enjoying, so, afterlife, for being so uncertain ,is no life at all.