xisto Community
baby bear

Life After Death? do you believe in it??

do you believe in an afterlife?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted yes. I am Catholic, and an extreme one at that. I believe in Heaven, Hell, God, Angels, etc. But one thing I need to mention. Purgatory is said to be between Heaven and Hell, and by what we humans that believe in Heaven and Hell say, is that Heaven is beyond the sky, and Hell is below the Earth. With that being said, that could be a reason these 'ghosts' walk the Earth, because Earth itself is Purgatory. Now, you could also say that we are all already dead, and are walking Purgatory to repent for our sins, and that death is just a simulation of moving on to a more spiritual place, or for some, a more horrible place. You could argue that it is physically impossible that Heaven and Hell can't exist. But the thing is, some scientists have recently discovered that the law of physics could be greatly flawed. Thus nulling out the fact that Heaven and Hell can't LOGICALLY or PHYSICALLY exist. These are my beliefs, yayayayaya. :]

my maths and science teacher sed that heaven and hell isnt possible. we live in a 3 dimensional world and heaven and hell are 4 dimensional which means neither could have any effect on another. the same thing with god.
then again thats her, she can be pretty crazy actually at sometimes.

Yes haha... it seems we are now speculating since we have no experimental evidence to back up that claim. But then if we're talking theoretical physics, it is possible that an object in the fourth dimension could "pass through" our plane of existence in three dimensions and then disappear again. So we could be "dragged off" into the fourth dimension and taken to heaven or hell.

However, I also wish to add that I do not believe in any afterlife. I am one of the five people that voted no. I want to see more people vote!

It would be nice to just say YES or maybe to put many people's minds at rest by saying NO... It is and always will be a religion vs science debate that will go on for eternity, or maybe til the end of the world... That too, is up for debate.We know what we know from how we were taught to believe. Many that will follow the technology of sciences and theories of evolution and totally facts will think that what you see is what you get... and that is that...I was brought up to learn and grow and know that there is a heaven and a hell. As I grew older I understood why it was and that there are many things that will go on in life that cannot be explained easily and openly. Because of this, there can only be speculations... and when you cannot pinpoint perfectly, there will be disagreements and opinions.I have voted YES... I am a Christian, but I am not an 'over the top' religious nut that crucifies or even goes around judging people... I found spirituality that cannot be expressed by typing what and how I feel on a forum... This is the part that others can scratch their heads on.I have lived and seen many events that could not be explained other than being miraculous. And I have done things and have regretted them because I have a conscience. Funny that it has science in its' name... Ok, so if there were just places on this forum that let you right pages and pages of thought on a topic, this would be a good one for me... but I can get a little carried away at the same time... I am glad each of you can keep an open mind, and don't be afraid to feel how you feel...

I am pretty sure that there is life after death, because there has been many story tellings and movies made with psychics that make contact with the otherside. To neglect that there is not another side is just ignorance rather you believe it or not. Because I can tell you for certain that I have a couple family members that can call on spirits as a practice. And if that is not enough to prove that there is not afterlife than I dont know what else to say. Even the movies that have been released on the occurences of ghosts and such is half of the truth. Lost souls, and such I believe is half true. But I really dont know what the truth of it all is unless I move on to the otherside to tell you guys. Even discussing about this gives me the creeps, but Im sure there is a afterlife. Whether it be another dimension remaining on earth, or the so called heaven and hell of a world. Science I believe cannot even to determine its reality, because its something that cannot be tested to be proved, but only can be experienced before it is proved true. But those that have experenced it will probably come back marked as crazy and lunatic if they started to spread nonsense. So in my conclusion I do believe that there is another life after what we live, I just hope heaven got a ghetto, hehe.

I don't think there's life after death, I believe that when you die, you're death and that's it. One lives the present, there's is (IMO) no such thing as a soul that will enter another body afterwards (reincarnation) or that you will go to hell or something, none of that seems to be real, for me.The fear of christianism about going to hell for being a bad person in your life, is just that. So that you live in fear and not commit crimes or tell lies or commit any other kind of sin. It's a nice story, if you're bad you are going to hell, so then we all have to be nice and we'll go to heaven.No I don't think that's true, but I'm thankful that more than 95% of the population on earth believes so, if not then it would be chaotic everybody killing themselves (more than they do now) and other serious stuff...:(

bull crap. There is no way that a bautifull life waits for us after we are dead! stupid religios lies. Live and try to do something of your life!

If you only live to end up dying, why worry about the grey area of life then? Just wake up eat sleep and do it over and over and over again... And don't forget to go online... That would make life meaningless.

Live life how you choose, but bashing others beliefs will just be an empty post full of letters and words. Let this comment be negative, if you want it to, because it actually isn't being negative at all...

my maths and science teacher sed that heaven and hell isnt possible. we live in a 3 dimensional world and heaven and hell are 4 dimensional which means neither could have any effect on another. the same thing with god.
then again thats her, she can be pretty crazy actually at sometimes.

well, i honestly dont know if i believe or not, i dont think i ever will.
Then i just think, im enjoying my life, i dont want to think about it.If there isnt an afterlife, there isnt an afterlife, i wont be thinking "oh damn, it doesnt exist" will i?

So i don't know. All i can say im a religious girl so i do believe in heaven/hell

I'm not sure if life after death exists. Being an atheist and agnostic, I don't really think a life after death can exist. However, if there isn't, what happens after death? If there is nothing, and you cease to exist, then you would not be aware there was anything, but then you couldn't exist, yet you would have to. It's a strange paradox.

I'm not sure if life after death exists. Being an atheist and agnostic, I don't really think a life after death can exist. However, if there isn't, what happens after death? If there is nothing, and you cease to exist, then you would not be aware there was anything, but then you couldn't exist, yet you would have to. It's a strange paradox.

Suppose the afterlife is just a last dream or delusion just before oblivion, but that it seems to last an eternity. Furthermore, suppose that the nature of the experience reflects what you value by virtue of the how you have chosen to live your life.

Suppose the afterlife is just a last dream or delusion just before oblivion, but that it seems to last an eternity. Furthermore, suppose that the nature of the experience reflects what you value by virtue of the how you have chosen to live your life.

Well, the afterlife should last an eternity (you're dead, after all, there's nothing left!), but I don't think it's technically a delusion or dream. After all, that would make heaven a dream then, something that would shock many people about.

This reminds me, if the afterlife was been proven to be nonexistent (through some miracle or something), wouldn't that mean that all of the beliefs of the world's main religions would drastically have to be changed?

Yeah I think my feelings at the moment -- sometimes I switch back and forth day to day -- are that it doesn't really matter what happens after life. I'm pretty sure nothing happens, but it's still pretty irrelevant. We might as well just have fun well we're here since we were fortunate enough to have a conscious mind that enables us to feel and do as we please. We could be sad when something happens, or we could just decide to let it go, get on with precious life, and have fun while we're here. Then, if there does happen to be an afterlife, we can just reminisce about how much fun we had while it lasted on earth!!

But don't forget, you're taking a HUGE risk there, for if there is an afterlife with God and Jesus and such, the fact that you disbelieved can get you some time in Purgatory. Which is just basically you're between Heaven and Hell and 'serving your time'.

There are some real weird theories, assosiated with this..Some cultures belive you are born as a butterfly before u are born as a human again.And then there are ones that don't even believe in afterlife, such as Buddhisms. One freeky thing i remember is that, there was this one kid, where i came form who knew every single little secret of this famous actor. And many belives that it was him reborn.

Well im a muslim and im supposed to belive in life after death that is heaven/hell. And i completly do belive in life after death. and what is so unbeliveable in that? :)