xisto Community
Ajay Shivaa

Internet Speed Test Internet Speed Test, Post your results here

My speed test resultsInternet Speed Test

hey I'm on a cable modem in alberta canada   the line I subscribe to is called an extreme Line from my cablc company  Shaw communications

I just tested, my results are

Download @ 16852kbps

Upload @ 978kbps

For this I think I pay like 70 dollars cdn Monthly

What I run   Realtek dual gigbit lan  "Both ports are supplyed thru a router" on a Gigabit DQ6 Ati chipset Motherboard

MY Thoery

First speed test right now write it down and keep the results

if you have a dual gigabit lan then get a router

route your connection thru the router and then use the router to supply both of your dual lan ports !

Second open your flow controls on your lan cards to there full potential  of one gigabit

then bridge your network connections  with a network bridge 

then test your speed ! see if there is a diffrence   also always test your computer  in the morning when you wake up then again at about 7:30  thats a high network load time for most places when everybodys home from work and surfing the net

now compare these to the reading you took to begin with

The thoery @ work

By opening your duplex to the full potential of your lan cards your enableing your lan to  intake that speed of throughput

now lets be serious unless your subscribeing to to a T+ line then your never gonna see anywhere near a gigabit of internet speed 

but when your network is slow and theres not many users on basically all day untill most people come home from work and then days when your networks not tied up

then your sent speed is going to fluctuate   and when it does there will be either more or less bandwith to share on the networks

soooooo   your lan will intake the extra bandwith avalible and make it usable to you

maybe I'm just talking out my *bottom* but thats how I see it and it seems to work for me the guy upstairs from me

his test results running a single gigabit lan were

7874kbps Download

and 664kbps Upload

and he has the same type of connections as I do  the difference

hes not bridged his duplex is set to 10mbps

Enjoy or don't

Cheers

Keywords: fake speed test

I couldn't find the speed test on the first post, but I just did it with the popular speedtest.net:

So here are my results:

Posted Image

But on 11 PM to 7 AM I'm getting quite higher download, theoretically 10 mbits, but it's different to foreign countries.

You can download @ 224.56 KB/secI know for a fact that I can download up to 4x faster than this (i.e 1 MB/sec) and that nobody else is using my internet at the moment (they're all asleep still!) though 250KB/sec ish is still more than fast enough, though we're going to see huge improvements in internet speeds over the coming decades, rising as high as 250MB/sec up to 1GB/sec and beyond..