xisto Community
jeremycollins

Microsoft Surface Computer of the future

Microsoft has come up with the newest technology in the computer world. You may have already heard of it, but I think it's awesome. The Microsoft Surface is the newest technology for computers. It's a big touch screen. It is flat like a table, and you interact with it using your hands, and other objects. It acts as a table, you eat on it, however, you can play games, go to the internet, draw/paint, etc.

It is the most amazing interactive device out there. I think everyone will want one. You can put your digital camera on the surface (just by placing it on the surface of the computer) and in about a half of a second, all your images/video will pop up on the screen, and you can move them, size them, play/view them. Then, you can set a phone on the screen, and slide the pics over toward the phone, and they zap onto your phone! Realy cool. Just go there and you'll see what I mean!

Learn about the Microsoft Surface Computer!!!

Aye it does look neat. But it's essentially a little cinema and will be costly, I doubt we'll see this in homes, but sounds lovely for restaurants and the like.

One of does implementations that bring us a little bit closer to all the scenes described in science-fiction movies Posted Image.

If anyone has seen the movie 'The Island'. One of the people in the movie uses a device similar to this technology with a small pyramid type of device as the mouse. He could then open and close folders and such my moving the 'pyramid' around the surface of this table. You could also draw onto the surface and it would store it as an image.I think its amazing technology and especially like the idea of being able to place a digital camera of mobile phone on the table and it copy all of your pictures, movies etc to the computer!

Well I haven't had a chance to load up the page yet (it's loading now, but my ISP has capped my speed to craptastic dial up.......).Anyway, I recently saw a short movieclip (a few minutes in length before being capped), that shows something similar to this being on show, you could use your hands and stuff (I think), to move around a massive table of images and even see a somewhat 3d representation of each individual image.I think it's fairly different, but also one of those newer things out there.I'm not much into digital camera's or mobile phones, but it sounds useful and fun to play with!

haha yea I love when people freak over some new tech device which, I'll admit is freaking amazingly cool, but past the wow factor it isn't something that would be put to substantial use as of yet, ESPECIALLY for the price it would cost. I can quickly move pictures around on a big screen? why not buy a big lcd, use a mouse, and save a couple grand (random guesstimate in difference of prices).Sure, it will have things its capable of that are technically impossible now, or at least impossible to do in the same way, but past how cool it is how functional is it. There exists cars that can convert into boats when they hit water but how many people actually need such a craft outside of wanting to be able to try it a few times?M$ keeps pumping out impressive techs lately (they seem to be buying the right people haha), but this one isn't topping my list for things I want to get my hands on.

It does sound pretty cool, but will it be comfortable to work with? With computers today, we just sit and look straight ahead at our monitors. With Microsoft Surface, we'll have to sit and look downwards. I think we'll have neck pain if we sit for hours in front of this computer. I know I will, because I spend hours at a computer just about everyday.Besides, why would we want a high-tech table? It'll collect dust, and you can't put anything on top of it (well, except your camera) because if you do, you'll probably fear scarring it, or worse, accidentally pressing a button with your glass of water and deleting all your documents! I think I'll stick with a desktop computer, thank you.Like Alegis said, it sounds like a good device for restaurants, but it'd be a bit costly for restaurants. And it might not be exactly convenient to rest your camera on the table and have all your images downloaded into the restaurant hard drives. I'm sure no one wants their personal pictures going into the gallery of the restaurant manager's computer. D=Serena

It does sound pretty cool, but will it be comfortable to work with? With computers today, we just sit and look straight ahead at our monitors. With Microsoft Surface, we'll have to sit and look downwards. I think we'll have neck pain if we sit for hours in front of this computer.

I am sorry but I had to LOL at this line. Exactly how do you think desks were used in the centuries preceding the PC ?