xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Skype Phone

Skype is changing the world of communication by allowing users to talk from one PC to another PC any where in the world and connected to Internet, free using internet telephony.

Only limitation is that you need a PC with internet connection to make calls, now a new product from Netgear is taking the whole Skype experience to a new level. The Skype WiFi phone utilizes tha wireless internet networks to allow users to make free calls to other Skype users anywhere in the world, anytime there is WiFi access, withour a PC <_<

The Skype WiFi phone allows you to make calls to other ordinary phones too. The phone's display lists all the online users in the user's contact list. Using this phone is just like any other ordinary mobile phone.

Truly this is a great gadget for the increasing internet telephony communications. It will be of great use for people in cities with public WiFi access to make calls to others anywhere in the world for free or cheaper prices.

Get to know more about this phone from http://www.netgear.com/products/details/SPH101.php

I've used skype for a couple of months when I used to be a DJ for a online radio station, it's great, and way easier than regular talking with text, and more personal. Also skype out is really cool, the credits are really cheap, and you can call all over the world to regular phone lines. The only thing that was a problem for me at least, is when I would skype out, sometimes the calls would disconnect, and that's not really good especially when it's really important business calls, but I guess that's what you expect when it's going over the internet.

Edited by Laurence (see edit history)

I'll be waiting a bit till it gets more solid, and looks like it'll stick around. why should i pay premium price for a cell phone that has Skype, but i can't use alot of the time. Plus I think i remember hearing somewhere that Skype was being eyed by some big player in the communications field, so if they were to get bought out i'd want to see whether they still offered the same deals.

Plus I think i remember hearing somewhere that Skype was being eyed by some big player in the communications field, so if they were to get bought out i'd want to see whether they still offered the same deals.

eBay bought them a year ago, $2.6B I think.