xisto Community
ikkeugh

Button With Secconds

I've got a question : How do u make those buttons that countdown :if you don't press a button in (ex) 5 seconds , that that button will be chosen?(like the one of windows if you don't have a legal version 8-) )

I've got a question : How do u make those buttons that countdown :
if you don't press a button in (ex) 5 seconds , that that button will be chosen?
(like the one of windows if you don't have a legal version 8-) )

You didn't mention about what programming language you're using. And i never since a windows that mention you don't have a legal version. I do see auto close windows for AVG auto update.

Generally, for windows, you can just start a timer with 1 second interval, along when you popup the windows, then update the the button showing a countdown on the button's text, on every tick of the timer. Keep static counter or a class wise variable for that purpose. When the counter tick to 0, close the window

You didn't mention about what programming language you're using. And i never since a windows that mention you don't have a legal version. I do see auto close windows for AVG auto update.
Generally, for windows, you can just start a timer with 1 second interval, along when you popup the windows, then update the the button showing a countdown on the button's text, on every tick of the timer. Keep static counter or a class wise variable for that purpose. When the counter tick to 0, close the window

or for another exemple hitman pro ....
(windows : https://blog.codinghorror.com/ , you have to wait 5 seconds before you can hit it .) (i thinks you can also do this after 5 seconds it does it )

You still didn't mention which language you are coding in.

But basically all you need to do is have a timer counting each second, and as each time the timer fires, take 1 off the time. When the value equals 0 then then stop the timber and enable the button.
-jimmy

In VB.NET

Timer_Tick	Do Until Count  = 0		 Count &= -1	Loop	'enable button nowEnd Timer

Edited by Jimmy89 (see edit history)