xisto Community
jimmy89

Getting Strange Problems

Hi, I was surfing around the Xisto pages today when I came across a strange error. When i hit the back button in the browser (Firefox) i get a page full of random numbers, letters and symbols. I have attached a copy of it in a text document if anyone wants to try and make any sense of it (i couldn't). I was browsing around the programming forums if it is something specific there!I have never seen this before - but it doesn't look like a database error! could it be something with my computer/browser conflicting with the website?Thanks-jimmy

Did it happen again when you went back to the programming section? Try clearing out your internet temporary files to see if it still occurs again next time.

I cant seem to get the same error again! im not sure what it was. I havent restarted my computer since then, or cleared out the temp files. Strange! Just wanted to let you guys know just in case it was something with the site!Thanks anyway-jimmy

I have gotten this on a couple websites before when using firefox. I think what happens is that sometimes firefox gets a little confused about a file type and/or what it is supposed to do with it, so it gets the encoding and such somehow wrong, and so it displays a ton of random stuff....Just think of what happens when you open up some image file in a text editor...you get random stuff.So it was probably just some little error where firefox missed some header of some sort, probably due to a momentary loss of communication between the server and your computer or corrupted data or whatever (an error is bound to happen once in a while especially the further data has to travel, and when it goes around the globe...your chances go up)

I sometimes get the error in Firefox mainly on phpbb forums.It's not big deal and it usually only happens when you click on an image...It's probably just a Firefox problem and I don't get them anymore with the new version of Firefox (version 2)

My bets are on this being an image file, and Firefox misinterpreting (or not interpreting at all) the headers. Nothing to worry about <_<

It's something i've also experienced with firefox, but not only on pre-2.0 releases. even that latest ones do it sometimes. Especially when the connection isn't so great it garbles up the headers, mainly on php-based pages. I haven't seen it do anything with simple html pages yet, but even sometimes it does it with google when i'm searching, and yes, mostly for images.