xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sten

Site Won't Work I get the old parking page I had before I got hosting

Hi again.I'm having another problem.Well... If you read my other topic, the site isn't working with http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/,'>http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, now the site won't work at all, subdomains, ftp, everything.I get the old parking page that came with the domain. I was wondering if it is a problem with the company I registered the domain with. I know that the name servers take time but its been about 5 days since I changed them to the Xisto ones. Yesterday it was working (except for subdomains) but today... nothing works.Can anyone see if it works? the site is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and a subdomain is radio.habbofront.comAlso, any help why it doesnt work? is it Xisto or optinom (optinom is where the domain is registered)?

Yes, it appears to be working fine for me.

One thing is if you are running windows XP, you may need to flush your DNS cache.
To do so simply go to start -> run.

And then type in 'cmd' (without the quotes). And then hit enter. Then type in the following:

ipconfig /flushdns

Then clear your cache, and everything and try viewing your website again.

If you aren't running windows xp, let me know and i'll get you instructions for that version of windows.

Hope this helps,
Brian

oh okthanks brian ill try that!just before i do, is there i space between ipconfig and the /?mmk... i did itand the site... still isnt working... <_<well... if it works for everyone else... i spose its ok.ill see if ftp works.well ftp doesnt work, thats my only real problem then.

Edited by Sten (see edit history)

Just thought I'd summarize problems that I still have, I really would like to have these fixed.Sub domains - I get the old parking page I had before I got hosting.FTP - The server forces it to timeout all the time so uploading 2500 files yesterday was the worst thing ever.Something with the www prefix - Whenever you go to a page, it takes the www prefix off it, this wouldn't normally bother me but since it's a fansite for Habbo, they won't like that as the company go through the site if I want it to become official.Help?Thanks!Oh... woops, im really sorry, I forgot to just edit the last post, sorry! i forgot

Edited by Sten (see edit history)

Ooo another habbo fansite. I used to play habbo, but quit because it got really boring. Lol I spent like over a hundred bucks on that game and I was rich and had gold hc.. anyways, yeah, both the main and the subdomain website work with or without the www for me.Regarding the www prefix, I don't think habbo would care, if it was like that if it became official. Btw what hotel is this for?

its for the australian hotel!what one did you play?anyway ill try my site at school to see if it works for other people (we have been on term holidays all this time