xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ill

My Isp Sucks!

My internet service provider will not allow me to access Xisto but for only a small window of time. That is like 1 hour a day. It sucks! I have to post like crazy when I can access it! but I will do it, it's just very annoying! I hate glade.net! It needs to die, they almost went bankrupt a while back so the original dude that owned it had to sell it!I'm wanting to change my internet to cable or dsl which I'll try and do this week. but thats a lot of money that i don't have right now so i'm gonna con my way into it! :)well thanks for reading this, i know no one can do anythign but i needed to get this off my chest! arrrgh! haha

Get Earthlinkz0r. It rox0rz my s0x0rz and my b0x0rz, and maybe my cl0ckz0rz too.It's pretty fast, reliable, meh, I really like it.

I got roadrunner and it works great for me. Notr sure if it's DSL or cable, DSL I believe.  *ponders*

65342[/snapback]

Roadrunner internet is cable internet. I am almost positive on that.

I am running verizion onlime home dsl. 1mb connection. I am very happy with it and i only pay 30 dollars a month.

here in my town i can get sbcglobal dsl and a local phone company's cable internet, i think i'll get the cable.. hopefully this week <crosses fingerS>

You're all so very lucky. I'm stuck with AOL dialup. If anybody has to complain about their internet being slow and stupid, it would be me. In most cases, my download speed is around 3 KB/second! And AOL isn't the cheapest thing around either. I'd say $30 a month Canadian. Now that's a lot of money for dialup. Just because it has a few more featuresthan some other providers, doesn't mean it's worth the money. Well I'm done whining about "dilemma". :)

I almost feel like I don't have a right to complain about mine. I've got cox. Its up and it works 99.99% of the time but they block certin ports. Hey man I really feel for ya that sux, If you can switch then by all mans do it. Why do they limit your time for connecting to Xisto to an hour a day?

I have no idea, it just can't be "found." It happens with my site everyonce in a while too. I have no idea why. Every other site always works for me. It's very odd and has to do something with Xisto and my internet sp for some reason. They're dumb. Anyways I hear that they're going out of business soon. Then I'll HAVE to get cable or dsl. So I'm gonna get it soon. However now I'm more smart, After like 10 p.m. I can access Xisto and before 3 p.m. I can.. sometimes. I think it's just that during peak hours through Xisto, I can't access it. And also, using the other address, the ip... yeh, that doesn't work either. So very odd.OH and guess what? I was just about to press "Add Reply" when my <mean accent> internet service provider </mean accent> kicks me offline for some unknown reason! Argh!!

Oh the joys of not dialing up. I'd recomend cable if there arnt many people in your area that have it or are going to get it. If everyone in the neighbothood is going to get it go dsl. Also the price difference.

Mine does too. Well, it doesn't too much, but the pings really do suck. My upload speed is 18kbits/sec and my download speed is 121kbits/se, and my download speed reaches 16kbytes/sec. It iis pretty good, but the pings are really bad, only 700ms. It is impossible to get anything out from Multiplayer, I hope they fix the pings soon. dunno what will happen later on,

Hehe, cable is the illest :)Got cable to with a +10 mB connection, probably faster then my computer is lol.Only thing i hate is the isp itself :lol: very expensive service and too many lies! ma 2 centsPeace

I hate my ISP, too, but it's cheap dial-up, so I can't complain. I'd like to get cable, but it's way too expensive. Also, I can only be online for 4 hours. If I'm on for that long, I get kicked offline. I hate it. Mine, and another ISP I know of do that. It gets even more annoying when I try to download a really large file (About 90 and up MB), because I never can. Cable would be so nice to have right now...

I hate my ISP!Its AOL. Its bad isn't it? Now the case of AOLindra gets worse- ITS DIAL UP!I want to get DSL, but none are available. I would get RR or something if it wasnt so expensive. The only thing that comes out here is RR and some random cable company that is really expensive and the service sucks. I know two people who have it and they say that they would trade it for AOL dial up any day- so at least I get to somewhat brag! :(