xisto Community
dj:nich

[info] Security

Hi i was watching a program on T.V it was on channel 5 and it was like a crimewatch program and it had a bit on computers so here is some of it that i remember.Basically it was about security on routers so if you havent got a router then no point in reading this so here goes people can hack in to your network on a WEP code on certain program that they have got and they can get stuff like:What site you were on,Passwords,Personal infomation like Banks etcSo when the professional security advisor came on he said that the best way of trying to stop this is to insert a WPA code on as it is more harder to hack into them as it is with WEP if you do not know how to change it then email ELPS3[at]hotmail.co.uk, or staff@radio-fm.uni.cc.This is for use only on Xisto and Ragezone you must get permission off of the above mentioned emails to post this anywhere else © Nicholas Hawkins 2007-2009.

Hi i was watching a program on T.V it was on channel 5 and it was like a crimewatch program and it had a bit on computers so here is some of it that i remember.
Basically it was about security on routers so if you havent got a router then no point in reading this so here goes people can hack in to your network on a WEP code on certain program that they have got and they can get stuff like:

What site you were on,
Passwords,
Personal infomation like Banks etc

So when the professional security advisor came on he said that the best way of trying to stop this is to insert a WPA code on as it is more harder to hack into them as it is with WEP if you do not know how to change it then email ELPS3[at]hotmail.co.uk, or staff@radio-fm.uni.cc.

This is for use only on Xisto and Ragezone you must get permission off of the above mentioned emails to post this anywhere else Š Nicholas Hawkins 2007-2009.

Well, my professional opinion (I am studying this sort of career field) is that it is possible for an attacker to crack WEP and launch a packet sniffer on your network. WPA is more secure only as hard as you make the WPA key. If you make your key "network" or "timmy" or something easy like that, you might as well just use WEP. It's almost like making your bank PIN 1234... or your birthdate. If you do that, you're asking to have money stolen.

A SECURE WPA key is something like "MyN371s5ecur3" => My Net Is Secure. See how easy it is?!? B)

[N]F

or you could even use 7ry2h4ckh83r5 see how easy it is this one is basically try to hack haters this is also a good one so basically upgrade your routers to WAN using a different but hard security dont forget write on paper not computer B)

I don't care so musch about the security on the router, sience i don't live in a city! Here where i live is alot of nettwork, even unprotected <_< The only security i got is the Cryption and the password to the admin account.

I don't care so musch about the security on the router, sience i don't live in a city! Here where i live is alot of nettwork, even unprotected <_< The only security i got is the Cryption and the password to the admin account.

Even if you live in the middle of no where, I'd still have some good security... just in case anyone decides to go war driving, it gives them quite a challenge and will probably leave you alone.
[N]F