xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
unimatrix

Pirates 3

Just got out of the film and I have to say I pleasently surprised. I had heard some critics kind of pan it, but over all I liked it. Especially the ending. It ended how I wished more movies would. That's all I'll say not to spoil it for others. I will say this much, try not to step out and go to the bathroom during the first 90 minutes. The plot tends to get rather confusing...The second half is excellent with one complaint:

I wanted to see an all out fleet battle. The end of the East India guy was a little dissapointing to me.

Um... I rather liked it. Wasn't extremely impressed with the ending, i agree with unimatrix, i was hoping for the same, but other than that it was good. possibly more so because i had read the reviews which weren't all that hot, so the movie hit higher than my expectations, rather than the other way around. One thing though... I agree with the critics that the plot twists are overdone. I've just watched parts 1 & 2 this month to refresh my memory for the third one, but still i had trouble following it. Other than that, a great movie, and something i could even watch all three parts back to back.

Agree with all of you. The plot definitely is quite thick and you get thrown about just everywhere for a good part of the movie leaving you with that dizzy, disoriented feeling.... nevertheless, makes a very enjoyable watch. I guess they've left it storyline open for another sequel - hence such an ending. Calypso's role has been somewhat underplayed... prior to her release there was so much of hoo-haa about her "powers" & "wrath"... once released, she pretty much went off on a vacation without further ado B) So fancy fireworks on her part.Now waiting for Shrek 3 and Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer - which are due to be released here (Thailand) over the next 2 weeks.

I badly can wait to see that film. I like the style that they proceed. it is a relaxing film and funny, it is impossible not to be thrilled and anxious for knowing the end, at the same time that I wish that it never ends. It is impossible not to comment on about the Depp's performance: he is incredible and raisin the impression that he is the soul of the film, and I belive he really does. I still didn't have the opportunity to watch the last one, but I'm looking forward to it.