xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rs-Server

5 Tips To Evade Rapidshare Waiting Time. i have permission To Post From The Creator

Here are some hints to help you more efficently use rapidshare.
Rapidshare has been an excellent tool for sharing large files. Over the last few weeks, many people have figured out how to more efficently use this service. I wanted to document some of these suggestions here. If you have more please let me know.

Rapidshare traces the users IP address to limit each user to a certain amount of downloading per day. To get around this, you need to show the rapidshare server, a different IP address. You can do this one of multiple ways.

1. Short-Out the java script:

1. Goto the page you want to download
2. Select FREE button
3. In the address bar put the following: java script:alert(c=0)
4. Click OK
5. Click OK to the pop-up box
6. Enter the captcha
7. Download Your File

2. Request a new IP address from your ISP server.
Here's how to do it in windows:

1. Click Start
2. Click run
3. In the run box type cmd.exe and click OK
4. When the command prompt opens type the following. ENTER after each new line.

Code:
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
exit
5. Erase your cookies in whatever browser you are using.
6. Try the rapidshare download again.

Frequently you will be assigned a new IP address when this happens. Sometime you will, sometimes you will not. If you are on a fixed IP address, this method will not work. To be honest, I do not know how to do this in linux/unix/etc. If this works for you, you may want to save the above commands into a batch file, and just run it when you need it.

3. Use a proxy with SwitchProxy and Firefox:

1. Download and install Firefox if you have not already
2. Download and install SwitchProxy
3. Google for free proxies
4. When you hit your download limit, clean your cookies and change your proxy

4. Use an anonymous service:
Running your system through the tor network should in theory work; however, it is difficult to use and setup. Plus, you allow others to run their evil deeds through your system as well by using this system. Anonymizer 2005 is inexpensive, easy to use, but not free. Other pay services would likely work as well.

5. You can use a bookmarklet to stop your wait times:
1. Open IE
2. Right Click On This Link
3. Select Add to Favorites
4. Select Yes to the warning that the bookmark may be unsafe.
5. Name it "RapidShare No Wait"
6. Click on the Links folder (if you want to display it in your IE toolbar)
7. Click OK
8. You may need to close and reopen IE to see it
9. Goto rapidshare and click the bookmarklet when you are forced to wait

This has Been Posted Before On A Different Forum, By The Creator.
He Gave Me Full Permission To Post Here, So Mods Please Dont Lock!

I wont lock the topic  but as discussed you NEED to add quote marks to copied information from other websites...
Mark420

Well, in my opinion the limits were imposed due to excessive usage and a large number of users the system wasn't really able to handle efficiently enough.Such measures are usually introduced for the good of all users, which leads to higher service quality for all of them (shorter waiting times, faster speeds). If some of those users abuse the system, all the other get lower quality service in the long run. Keep that in mind, when you are about to cheat a service that is provided to you free of charge...

Well, in my opinion the limits were imposed due to excessive usage and a large number of users the system wasn't really able to handle efficiently enough.
Such measures are usually introduced for the good of all users, which leads to higher service quality for all of them (shorter waiting times, faster speeds). If some of those users abuse the system, all the other get lower quality service in the long run. Keep that in mind, when you are about to cheat a service that is provided to you free of charge...

I totally agree, if everybody abused these tricks to get rid of the waiting time, it could just backfire and just make your download slower if everybody is downloading it. But I don't use rapid share though, the ad's are really annoying, so I don't upload my files on there.
Good tricks though, if it doesn't get out of hand.

Rapidshare et al are in a constant cat-and-mouse game to ensure their ad revenue...tricks like this, once in the wild for awhile, don't work anymore. If you want something for free, just abide by their TOS and wait in line like everyone else.I don't see why everyone has this great urge to try to cheat them out of making you wait a little bit. If the download wait is that big of an issue, just get a premium account with them.

I have found that Rapidshare is great. Because it is so popular I would say that it filled a need of many users, much like Altavista filled the need for a search mechanism during the early days of the Internet. I personally already use method 4 on the list but is does not do anything because the IP of the proxy is limited the same way as your home machine. I suppose I could download one file with the proxy and the other without it but that defeats the purpose of the proxy in the first place.Just like everyone else I am annoyed with the wait times. I have had several wait times of multiple hours. I simply paste the link in a text file and wait for later. Now if someone want to possible make a few bucks or provide a good deed for the community they should write their own Rapidshare downloader. Simply place you file in the queue and the program will automatically determine your wait time and download the file for you.

What do you mean you have a few rapidshare premiums if anyone interested? Are they for free or do we have to pay? My friends use rapidshare premium and they get alot of cool stuff. I see them downloading movies n stuff all the time. I don't mind waiting the required download times for stuff that I don't have to pay to download anyways. If they need to send ads to make the download free, then so be it. There's no such thing as a free lunch =) I learned that the hard way.

Now if someone want to possible make a few bucks or provide a good deed for the community they should write their own Rapidshare downloader. Simply place you file in the queue and the program will automatically determine your wait time and download the file for you.

There are many downloaders out there, some of them free, some of them payware.
My personal favorite is CMS Grabber, which runs as a standalone program, so don't even need to install it.
It removes all the inconveniences related to the waiting time, and it shows the captcha image right there in a section of the application screen itself.
It doesn't however remove the problem related to the IP address.
Flushing the DNS / releasing / renewing works when your PC is directly connected to the Internet, but I'm behind a Netgear router, so what I do is I log on to the HTTP interface of my router, and on the admin page, under "Router status" - "Connection status" I click "Disconnect", then I go to my browser and attempt to access something on the Internet. And then my router's built-in DHCP client requests a new IP address from the ISP - voila.
Not all routers are the same in this respect though. I know from personal experience that Belkin routers give you a hard time when you try to do that.

Interesting :P , but:2. doesn't work if you have a router at home. This trick renews the IP adres from your computer (=a private adres if you have a router and these private adresses are invisible from the outside). If you have a router and you need a new IP, you simply have to turn off the router, wait a minute or two and turn it on again.3. nice, but free proxies usualy are slow4. same things as 3. + you're abusing the system, people offer you their bandwith for security reasons, not for your downloading pleasure.5. what link ???