xisto Community
jimmy89

Cannot Install Adobe Photoshop Cs3

Adobe tech support is terribleCannot Install Adobe Photoshop Cs3

I can install Pshop CS3, but then it hangs and won't close. Vista 64 says that the program is not responding.

Adobe tech support is downright awful.  Adobe I think has given support to a subcontractor.  The wait times can be very long (2hours for me in one case) and the music you hear is horrendous.  Many of the support people have heavy accents and are hard to understand. At one point two days ago I got disconnected in the middle of a procedure.  No one called back and in My Adobe the case was listed as closed.

So good luck if you call Adobe

-reply by Vaughn Winchell

After looking at the event view in Windows, I found the error code "1402" and something about being unable to write to keys.

This is happening because, for some reason, the account you're trying to install from doesn't have proper permissions to do the install.

http://www.okino.com/conv/changing_windows_registry_permissions.htm

That link provides a very detailed set of instructions for setting these permissions.  After applying the new permissions, the install (for CS4 at least) went without a hitch.

Windows 7 problemCannot Install Adobe Photoshop Cs3

Hello!

I have installing issues as well: a few days ago my Windows XP crashed. We tried to reinstall it but it didn't work (the system couldn't find the SP2 files on the CD and the installing stopped), so we installed Windows 7 instead. Trouble is, I had Photoshop CS3 Extended on another drive and didn't uninstall it before changing the operating system. Now I can't insall it because an error message pops up telling me a .Dll file from drive C is missing.

I could actually launch the program from the directory on drive D but couldn't load any pictures or do anything else. I got a new error message telling me that another .Dll file was missing as well when I tried to open a .Psd image.

I tried to uninstall the current version but I couldn't find the uninstall command. Deleting the folder did not help either. What should I do?

Thanks in advance!

CS3 IssuesCannot Install Adobe Photoshop Cs3

I know its old but my Setup.Exe file which seems to cause problems doesnt have an option for compatability with xp...Any ideas where I go for a newer version.

Thanks

Jem

Adobe are pretty notorious for their installation rigmarole. I've heard lots of complaints from people over the years, most support came to the tune of "if your software is pirated etc etc" but that's not always the case. Many issues came from adobe themselves with straight-out-of-the-box retail installations, and amusingly, the problems were often created by adobe themselves in their previous installations of the same exact software (suite). Me and several others really struggled to installed CS3 on mac computers, when it first came out. Realizing the depth of this problem, one which continues to this day, adobe released the "clean css" script, which requires you to removes previous adobe components from previous adobe versions from previous adobe installations before you can install the newest one. On a few occasions, the latter version had been completely removed (so we thought) but adobe had obviously littered the hard drive with invisible files and hidden folders, requiring the clean css script to remove them. So talking of nefarious, takes two to tango. They place a lot of unsolicited hidden callbacks on your computer, without your express permission or knowledge. But hey, you're the pirate. Right?