xisto Community
niran

And The Award 4 Worst Installer Goes To Dreamweaver Cs3 For 3+ Hours Marathon Installation

Hi all..

One great news for all designing friends here!

Most of the Adobe CS3 products are out from Adobe now!

And its the 1st time they are releasing a major version after renaming Macriomedia to Adobe!

The 30 Days Trail downloads are available for all from here:

http://www.adobe.com/downloads.html

Here are the quick links for major products:

Adobe Creative Suite® 3 Design Premium

http://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/catalog/desktop.html

Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Standard

http://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/catalog/desktop.html

Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Standard

http://www.adobe.com/creativecloud.html

Adobe Dreamweaver® CS3

https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/dreamweaver

Adobe Fireworks® CS3

https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/fireworks

Adobe Flash® CS3 Professional

https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/flash

Adobe Photoshop CS3

https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/photoshop

Ok.. Now come back to My Issue! Probably you will be here in this thread, by seeing such a catching title :(

"And the Award 4 Worst Installer Goes to Dreamweaver CS3 for 3+ Hours marathon Installation"

I'm not kidding friend! Its the real fact guys! I had downloaded Adobe Dreamweaver® CS3 30 Days full working Train version from Adobe site today morning. and It was around 250 MB download installation size!

So, after downloading , I had tried to install the new Version on my PC..

But do u know guys, It took ****ing :)3+ Hours to complete the installation!

Yes friends, Im not joking! Thats the fact!

It will show like this for around 3+ hours! :(

Posted Image

I dont know whether the problem is with my system or not!

Im having Pentium 4 Processor with 760 MB Ram

Remember the entire installation of Windows XP and Windows Vista will take only around 30-40 minutes!

But wats wrong with the installation of the Dreamweaver!

One more thing, in those 3+ hours installation, I was even not able to open a single window in my system!

The whole 3+ hours time, system was busy for full time!

The Setup process took all of my CPU and RAM! :)

Anybody else had the same problem??? Is it because of my system configuration or not??? B)

Reply with your reviews here!

Regards,

Niru

Edited by Niru (see edit history)

Do you sort of have a P4 @ 1x GHz along with a really old Hard Disk Drive or something? B)

Seriously, I have installed Dreamweaver CS3 and it certainly doesn't take that long on my P4 3.0 GHz Processor with 512 MB RAM. Here's my complete system specs:-

Processor - Intel P4 3.0 GHz HT Processor @ 800 MHz Front Side Bus

Motherboard - Intel 915GAG

Hard Disk Drive - Seagate ST380817AS, 80 GB @ 7200 RPM

RAM - DDR 512 MB @ 400 MHz Front Side Bus

The following is the list of other possible causes for the difference in installation time:-

No Antivirus Installed on my system

Disabled System Restore

I agree I would say it took me a combine 35-40 minutes to install both dreamweaver and photoshop onto my laptop, so I would have to say it's your system that made it take so long to install. Of course if you have a previous version of dreamwaver on your computer, the installation process will take a bit longer because every single file has to be updated. Of course when I change how many file dreamweaver had I nearly had a stoke. Dreamweaver alone has 9089 files in it's program but also several other things came with adobe as well, like adobe bridge (which I believe is a system like communicatiions network), adobe device central, used ot design for mobile phones and photo program. so in total at least for me that is adobe dreamweaver set up 12,177 files with in 1405 with a combine total of 462MB of space. Now that a lot of files and folder to install which requires a good processing speed to do that, but I do believe I ran my ram cleaner after installation and do a registry cleaning as well.

I agree with the others here. How fast is your processor exactly? Also, do you have a lot of programs running when you were doing this installation?Hmm...wonder how fast the installation will go on this Dual 2 Core machine I have with 1GB of RAM? B)

Of course if you have a previous version of dreamwaver on your computer, the installation process will take a bit longer because every single file has to be updated

I don't think it is meant to upgrade older dreamweaver versions. It certainly didn't upgrade my Dreamweaver 8 or even offer such a proposal.

Dreamweaver alone has 9089 files in it's program but also several other things came with adobe as well, like adobe bridge (which I believe is a system like communicatiions network), adobe device central, used ot design for mobile phones and photo program. so in total at least for me that is adobe dreamweaver set up 12,177 files with in 1405 with a combine total of 462MB of space.

While the sheer number of files you stated is huge, I don't think even that can account to 3-4 hours of installation on today's low-mid range machines.

@Niru: You might as well try to uninstall + install the software once again, so as to find out if that was a one time experience. Only this time ensure a clean enviorment.

I have had to upgrade (or downgrade im not sure) to windows xp from win2k to be able to run Cs3 so I installed it on a clean install with nothing else on it.It took ages to do the analyse the pc routine but not as long as Niru i think, it took about 45 mins to install Dreamweaver, PS, Fireworks, Flash, Indesign, Illustrator, Bridge and Contribute.Then I did myself a huge favour and got them all working the way I like it then I ghosted the pc so I dont have to go through that install again B))I must say I am very impressed with the new Dreamweaver, esp the CSS stuff, dont really like the look of this "SPRY" system so far, but I did like the fact that you could copy and paste from another open CS3 app directly into Dreamweaver.I did have problems installing CS3 onto a laptop with 266 MB ram tho;( the main adobe installer threw it out and wouldnt go on without 1 gig of ram.But the Cs2 installer did the same, but I found a way round it, you go into the specific folder on teh cd for the program and run the setup from there.

I had uninstalled Dreamweaver 8 before installing the CS3! :)

Its taking that much time, may be because of my old system B)

Anyway, the Windows XP installation will take only around 30-35 minutes and Vista also took the same time for the whole installation!

DMA is enabled in my System, and I'm using Intel Application Accelerator ( for Intel Motherboards) to speed up the File Read/Write operations!

Here is my system configuration:

System Type: X86-based PC

Processor: x86 Family 15 Model 1 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~1699 Mhz :)

Total Physical Memory: 768.00 MB

Total Virtual Memory: 2.00 GB

OS Name: Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600

My configuration is Intel 946 with 2.8 Dual Core, 2 GB ram, SATA 2 HD. I already wrote about my troubles with installing IllustratorCS3. I haven't tried the single versions, but I can confirm that installing CS3 is not a piece of cake. An hour to install it is too long IMO. Admittedly that's the Design Suite, but averaging 15 minutes per program is too long. Dreamweaver 8 installed in about 2 minutes. why the hell does it take ten times longer now? And it still doesn't run smoothly. I found myself reverting back to DW8. This CS3 has been way overhyped. This is what should have been released to beta testers. Not sold as a final product. And by the way, the only way I could get the Illustrator bit of the suite installed was to do a clean install of windows first. That was the only suggestion that worked. I like the programs themselves, but if you'll get fed up with installing them, how are you supposed to use it?