xisto Community
loky

Xbox Compared To Ps2 Wich one is better

-XBOX Has a much better network of online gameplay.-XBOX Has the power of Winows DirectX (to some level...)
-XBOX Has great games such as Halo 2 (GTA just as PS2 San Andreas is coming out for XBOX soon...)
-XBOX has much, much more money to grow, there is Sony making PS2, fairly rich company, but then Microsoft which has Billions more to spend on development

The problem with Xbox's online gameplay is that you have to pay subscription. If I'm correct Sony hasn't yet introduced this, and may be a factor in the lower quality of service.

I'm pretty sure the Playstation 2 has it's own 3D driver thing which is similar to DirectX...I guess people forgot to mention the Emotion Engine thing (or whatever that pre-release advertising was).

In terms of games, there are only several games I would specifically buy an Xbox for: namely Halo/s, Fable, and perhaps Conker (when it comes out). On the PS2, you have the Final Fantasy series and other Square games, GT, Jak, Rachet/Clank, Tekken, while GTA and MGS gets released first on it.

Don't forget that Sony is BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG. They are in Music, Movies, Home Entertainment, dang, the lot. I'm sure their budget is not going to be a whole lot different to Microsoft, especially since they're competing head to head, they're not going to skimp on the cash and produce an inferior machine.

For me to consider a game console, my first priority is to see what games I can play.For PS2, I've so many games I want to play that if I play a different game every day, I still will not finish playing till next year. For the Xbox, the number of games is a lot less. Plus, some games are better if you have an XBox Live account, which unfortunately is now available in my area. :lol: Oh yeah, and I have more friends with PS2 consoles, so it makes more sense for me to get a PS2 because we can share our game library.

from any part you analize xbox is better thar ps21.- the games2.- the potential of the consolethe only thing i dont like about xbox is the size ... damn ... is very big that stuff

I gotta say the XBOX is better, better sound, better graphics, better games (halo rox), and I've been playing Rainbow Six 3 on xbox live for the last few weeks and I haven't even thought of Counter Strike on my PC. Buy and gamer mag and they'll all agree that the XBOX is the way to go.5 good reasons to by the XBOX1. 5.1 Dolby digital sound 2. Massive hard drive so no need for memory cards. 3. Copy your favorite CD onto the HD and listen to top tracks while playing top games4. 16 people playing HALO by linking consoles (great fun)5. Halo, Halo2, Progect Gothem Racing 1&2, Xbox Live, did I mention HALO. 8)

AH......The age old argument between the Playstation 2 and the Xbox...in my opinion, the Playstation 2 is better then the Xbox, but i still feel if you have plenty of spare money, then it may just be worth buying an Xbox aswell.The Playstation 2 offers an absolutely huge array of different types of games, a choice which the competition cannot even come close to rivalling.Many people are quick to point out that Xbox graphical capabilities are greater than those of the Playstation2, but i would hardly say that the Playstation 2's graphics are too bad in comparison. If you play games like Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3, then you are able to see what the Playstation 2 itself can offer as far as the graphics department is concerned. Even though this may not be the most important factor in determining how good a console is, the Playstation 2 has a much better physical appearance then the chunky Xbox. The newer PS2 slimline version emphasises the difference between the two consoles as far as appearance is concerned.Despite everything i have said, an Xbox is still worth getting aswell, because it has some very high quality games. My point is that as far as a head to head contest is concerned, the Playstation 2 beats Xbox everytime in my opinion. (This is only my opinion, feel free to make your own viewpoint but don't shout at me because of my own views)

to the people that say PS2 sucks compared to Xbox, you're right!!!!!!!! you're totally right!!!! but try thinking about it this way. What if Xbox came out first instead of PS2? if that had happened, PS2 could have totally wiped out Xbox in the graphics, sound, cpu speed and other departments. Would you you still be with Xbox, or would you be with the more powerful PS2? would you sell your xbox for the more powerful ps2? think about that for a while. Okay. onto the next part. Xbox2 is coming out first , but that means Sony could totally know how to defeat xbox2. So, it all matters what time the consoles are released. But, if Nintendo waits after both console launches, they could end up being the most techincally able of the bunch. But, which one would you do? would you wait to by the technologically superior Gamerevolution, or would you buy the PS3 and/or the Xbox2? That's how PS2 won. But, Unlike some consoles who release first, they actually but very good quality games at the beginning of the console's. So, If Xbox2 puts Superb games from the beginning, they'll definitely have a much better chance at winning the console wars. But, if they don't have a strong launch, an they have very sucky games, Microsoft will only end up selling the Xbox2 instead of the games (Xbox2's other features: watch movies, play music, good storage drive... etc.). But, as you probably know, Console makers make the most profit off of their games, not the consoles. But, Sony has an advantage over the Xbox2 if its games don't sell well: Sony owns a movie making company (if people liked spiderman2 that much, imagine how many people will go to see spiderman3. big bucks for sony). So it all depends on those factors to determine how well each console does. Note to Xbox owners: Would you by an Xbox2, that could cost 500 dollars (or more, for that matter) for Halo3, If that was the only good game? would you only buy the console for that game? probably not. especially if Halo3 gets ported to the pc, like halo did. and, Halo on the pc had better graphics than the one on the xbox. So, you'd be buying the only good game for the Xbox2, when you could be getting it for the PC, which has better graphics and a deeper library of games. Point is, if a system only had one flagship title that was super good, would you shell out money for the console just to play that one game? Or, would you buy a system that had games close or even not as good as that one game, but were still extremely fun? kind of the same thing that was going on when the Xbox first released, Isn't it? When the Xbox first came out, that was the only game really backing it. And sony, on the other hand, had quite a few games backing its console (Granturismo 4, JakI, Tekken 4, SSX 3...). So, if Xbox2 doesn't get enough really good games, the system may not appeal to the hardcore or even the casual gamer, because there's no game which really makes the Xbox2 look good. But, you don't have to be worried about the Xbox2's graphical capabilities. If you've read this month's game informer, chances are you've heard of the new game condemned, coming out for Xbox2 AND PS3. The game was running on Xbox2 hardware (prototype), and the graphics were beautiful. they put Doom 3's and Half-life 2's to shame (put an emphasis on the graphics looking better than Doom3 and Half-life2 part). Xbox2's graphics are Super Super Super Super... Super good, but the PS3's could be better if Sony takes a look at the Xbox2 and holds back the release date so they can improve the hardware. So, we'll just have to wait and see. Another factor we should be worrying about is the new controllers. Will the controllers have a mind-numbing ammount of buttons? Maybe, but we'll just have to wait and see.