xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Aniki

A Look At Atheism

Oh my, so many misunderstandings, so little time!

Aniki, its an error is to state that deity=polytheistic gods and that new deity cannot be invented.
Deity is any Divine God, Monotheistic or Polytheistic. Jesus is a Deity, as much as Odin or the ones you listed.

Who said those gods were polytheistic? Zoroastrianism is one of the oldest monotheisms. I am saying that by that definition, everyone who doesn't believe in a particular diety, is an Atheist. In contrast, if you believed in every deity, then you wouldn't be an Atheist, but no one believes in every god and goddess, so everyone is an Atheist (by that definition, your choice if you want to use it or not).

Its not wired or insane and who said God made it? ROFLMAO.
Modern English dude has its roots in Middle and Old English that are Proto-Indo European languages.

In the bible, the tower of babel story says humans tried to reach god by building a giant tower, correct? But god gets all huffed up and he makes them all speak different languages in order to stop their construction. To me, this sounds like the origin of the different languages. The way I see it, he has to create the language in order to force it on someone, therefore he made English. However, it is the craziest language in the world... other languages may be more complex, but we've got insanity on our side. If you truly look at the language you speak, you can find all these little quirks you've never noticed before. English is absolutely nuts.
Please keep in mind, I've never actually read the story of the tower of babel, and I've heard it in a watered down version. I may be mistaken, I'm just explaining why I said what I said. Also, I realize that English was not made by a god, it was made by humans... crazy humans.

Religion nor Christians are responsible for those acts--individual people are.

The purpose of the crusades were to regain the 'holy lands' for christianity. The inquisition and witch hunts were simply the mass murder of 'heretics', aka people who were not christian. Of course, perfectly nice and innocent christians were caught in these all the time, too. Throughout history, atrocities have been committed in the name of god, for reasons found in the bible, and by 'good' christians. While yes, the people who were directly responsible are, obviously, responsible. You can't deny the part christianity played. If the religion never existed, these specific atrocities would never have been committed. Sure others would have, that's just how some people work, but I'm adamant in my belief that they'd be considerably lessened.

Limitation of worship is failure to worship at all if its set for social reasons.

I'm not sure what you mean here, but let me explain what I said before. If your religion requires you to sacrifice a fellow human every day, that's simply wrong and it cannot be allowed. By 'limits' I mean 'reasonable limits that make sure no one gets hurt.'

So a ideology that teaches hate and malice is better thane one of love and kindness? Dude your out there, no offense.

You've obviously never looked into Satanism. It's based around, basically, having fun... but not quite in hedonism. They see Satan in the pre-christian version, not as a deity, but as a force of nature. They do not have an ideology that teaches hate and malice. For one, they believe children are the purest form of life, and cannot be harmed in any way. Anton Lavey teaches that you cannot love everyone, as the christians attempt to do... because then it becomes a mediocre thing, overused and without much meaning. He teaches that you should love your friends and family, and although it is less in quantity, it is greater in quality.

I ask you to look into things before blindly insulting it.

I am saying that by that definition, everyone who doesn't believe in a particular diety, is an Atheist. In contrast, if you believed in every deity, then you wouldn't be an Atheist, but no one believes in every god and goddess, so everyone is an Atheist (by that definition, your choice if you want to use it or not).

Seriously? Lol. Your definition is too rigid. Simple as that...too rigid.

You can't deny the part christianity played. If the religion never existed, these specific atrocities would never have been committed.

If Christianity never existed think of the good things that would've never happened. You are too quick to look at teh bad things and not at the good. Do not forget all major world religions have done thier good and bad. The Good of Chirstianity far out weights its bad that occurred so long ago.

You've obviously never looked into Satanism.

No Offense but you seem to never have looked into Christianity--Your one to talk.

I ask you to look into things before blindly insulting it.

I ask you to do the same, you've made clear that you've never even read a the bible in part it seems yet you come in with insults to Christianity.

As for the tower of babel, if you want to get technical that's where the root languages probably came from.

Seriously? Lol. Your definition is too rigid. Simple as that...too rigid.

If Christianity never existed think of the good things that would've never happened. You are too quick to look at teh bad things and not at the good. Do not forget all major world religions have done thier good and bad. The Good of Chirstianity far out weights its bad that occurred so long ago.

No Offense but you seem to never have looked into Christianity--Your one to talk.

I ask you to do the same, you've made clear that you've never even read a the bible in part it seems yet you come in with insults to Christianity.

As for the tower of babel, if you want to get technical that's where the root languages probably came from.

What do you mean by the definition being too rigid? I think that's what a definition is supposed to be. It's the word that's flexible, that has many definitions.

Although I gave you examples of the things I have said, you seem to do the opposite. You make a reference to the good christianity has done for the world, yet I can't think of a single thing. Please, give me examples so that I can understand.

You say I've never looked into christianity, and even though I haven't actively, I seem to be getting plenty of information by simply existing. At least, by my standards.

Thank you for clearing up the tower of babel story for me. Now I know.