xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

How To Reduce The Size?

Can anyone tell me how to reduce the size of the signature.I created it using photoshop

In photoshop go to file> save for web. In the window that pops up you can flip to the "optimized" section to see how it looks with the different forms of compression.Gif is good for solid colors and jpeg is better for smooth gradients and photographs and such. Just try reducing the quality as a jpeg until you start seeing a noticeble decrease in image quality and then try stopping in a place that doesn't effect the image quality much. 60 is usually a decent setting for quality/size. Down at the bottom it will tell you what size the file will be with the current compression settings.

Yep, what foolakadugie said (damn foolakadugie knows so much!).

And I think by...

BTW use .pg for all sigs =)

you wanted to say .png :ph34r:

I don't usually go to "Save for Web...", I just lower the quality. But I suppose that I am doing it wrong. :)

Yep, what foolakadugie said (damn foolakadugie knows so much!).

I have been on a roll today, but that isn't always the case :)

I don't usually go to "Save for Web...", I just lower the quality. But I suppose that I am doing it wrong. :P

Well I don't know if there is really any WRONG way of doing it, as long as you get the job done :ph34r: The save for web feature can be helpful since it gives you a preview with the compression and
also has more options for getting your images as small and optimized as possible.
Edited by foolakadugie (see edit history)

Well I don't know if there is really any WRONG way of doing it, as long as you get the job done :ph34r: The save for web feature can be helpful since it gives you a preview with the compression and
also has more options for getting your images as small and optimized as possible.

Ahh that's reassuring; because sometimes I find the "Save for Web..." method ended up with larger file sizes. But as you said, it is much easier to use "Save for Web...". :)

reduce screen sizeHow To Reduce The Size?

My computer works fine, its just lately that when I read my email that the last 10 or so letters or word of each sentence is missing, I cant seem to fine where I can adjust or reset my screen size to get all of the letter to appear intact. Everything needs to be shifted to the left a inch or so. This only happens with my hotmail account. Thanks for your help.

-Tom Wagner