xisto Community
vujsa

Effective Website Promotion Without Spamming! Get traffic to your website without being a bad neighbor.

Wow. over the years iv been spamming on popular site. :rolleyes:B) My idea was youtube. You promote your site threw a video you make. If you do it right your site will be traffic crazy =). Putting ads in google might be helpful to. I noticed that if no one is coming even after all your work then Most likely your site sucks =P Try to get into template making. Also make sure the theme of your site is good and appropriate.

Like this idea too so have managed to upload a picture to the server, added it to my signature but don't know how to make a link to the website on the picture. Could you help please

;) ..i tried to promote my site..u can try feedburner service by google..u can submit ur site to google at google.com/addurlu can add robots.txt to the meta tag in ur html coding..so dat google nd other search engines can crawl to ur site..hope dat wil help..

Way back at 1996-2000 I published my purely html site that seemed to get a lot of people by the use of webrings, everything was fun and easy, although at that time, internet was not that much of jigsaw puzzle with less rules to follow.nowadays it seemed to be more of a programming, technical woho! Recently I just frustrated on how my site is gonna go and all these SEOs, Forums and getting people to go there seems to take most of my time. Maybe I'm getting tired and old with website but hopefully Im still looking forward to a new concept. ;) Still, I dont have time for programming and such. better rely on scripts that are already there. I will just be inviting people on my foundation, so not much of a frenzy over inviting. But I do love the tutorial. Im just waiting for some credits!Enjoy the show

One is a free website submission to search engines (just don't over-do it), for example, maybe submit once a month.
The other is a link exchange program.
You might want to have your meta tags checked to see if they are adequate.
http://www.freewebsubmission.com/
http://www.thehoth.co/

You could also do a search for more such sites.

Back in the earlier days of the Internet it was pretty simple. You put up a personal website for free, threw in a bunch of keywords, registered with the search engines and people started coming.

Things are different now. Search engines have to deal with huge amounts of spamming because today's Internet is all about money. Search engines don't just link to your website because you added a few relevant keywords. If they did that, the spammers would totally take over everything. Most search engines, especially google, pay more attention to who links to your website than what keywords you deliberately add to your site. They also take steps to avoid anyone deliberately manipulating the system with fake websites linking to them and so forth. Details about how all this works are mostly trade secrets.

The only way to get people to link to you is to build a really good website. Keep people coming back with new content every day. Be persistent with your efforts even if it seems like nobody is visiting or linking. Eventually if you build a good enough website and have it up long enough lots of people will start linking to you. This will bring in traffic and move you upwards on Google's results pages.

make sure you register with the search engines so that they know to crawl your site. Include relevant keywords that are somewhat related to your site somewhere on the site (so when people do a general search, your site will still pop up).

Don't spam blogs or other websites, that's plain rude and no one actually visits sites that way.

Form a partnership with other sites, like include links to them, and have them include links to you. The content should be somewhat related.

There are other ways to promote it, but it depends on what type of site it is.